2 replies to this topic

#1 Horvik OFFLINE  

Horvik
  • Member No: 11027
  • 16 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted October 17, 2012 - 10:31 AM

Hey;

The thing is here I can't seem to get enough top speed forward out of it, although I have plenty going in reverse. Get maybe 5 MPH forward.
I have fresh filter and fluid, tight belts and took out all the play out of the linkages.Beginning to think I have something internally amiss, but not ready to tackle tearing into that Vickers unit.

Any help is appreciated.

#2 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,486 Thanks
  • 5,014 posts

Posted October 17, 2012 - 02:13 PM

It's been a while since I've adjusted one of these but as I remember there is an adjustment for how fast the tractor will go in forward and reverse. If you increase the forward speed it will decrease the reverse speed. It seems to me that the control linkage between the hydro and the steering column is two pieces and the adjustment is in the middle. If I'm wrong let us know and someone will give you the correct information.

#3 Horvik OFFLINE  

Horvik
  • Member No: 11027
  • 16 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 03:20 PM

It's been a while since I've adjusted one of these but as I remember there is an adjustment for how fast the tractor will go in forward and reverse. If you increase the forward speed it will decrease the reverse speed. It seems to me that the control linkage between the hydro and the steering column is two pieces and the adjustment is in the middle. If I'm wrong let us know and someone will give you the correct information.

Hey chris;

I tried doing what you say, but still not much speed forward. Again I got more in reverse by far, so still not fixed.