• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jayjay OFFLINE  

jayjay

• Member No: 635
  • 15 Thanks
  • 40 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 12:54 PM

:confuse:I finally mounted the 550 tiller to my MF 16 Hydro thanks to info I received from THECOATER today. I can still need some info on how to make connections for the lifting process. I removed the rear cylinder to mount the tiller...where do I go from here? I'm sure that I still have some missing linkage that raises and lowers the tiller.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01169.jpg
  • DSC01160.jpg
  • DSC01170.jpg

#2 thecoater OFFLINE  

thecoater

Tractorholic

• Member No: 757
  • 13 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 03:45 PM

ok the bar that goes across the top of the tractor in the second pic you need to take that off and behind that there should be a spot for the top bolt on the tiller
and there should be a slot where the chain would go -chain is there for slight adjustment to get it a bit higher/tighter and to keep it from twisting up

then in the same 2nd pic you see the bracket with the 3 bolt holes theres a bar that goes from them (another spot for height adjustment) to the hydro under the tractor that raises and lifts
like I said I can get ya pics if someone else cant but its raining now

Edited by thecoater, August 08, 2010 - 04:21 PM.

#3 thecoater OFFLINE  

thecoater

Tractorholic

• 13 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 04:20 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

this pic is of the bottom directly under the seat forward abit you should be able to see it by kneeling down on the right sidePosted Image

hope these help ,really didnt want to do it in the rain but I know what its like to wanna get poo done hahaha

and if I am wrong and anyone else can chime in please do I have only owned mine for a month or so I may not be as much help as others

Edited by thecoater, August 08, 2010 - 04:27 PM.

#4 Klopfenstein MF16 OFFLINE  

Klopfenstein MF16

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 512
  • 1 Thanks
  • 42 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 08:40 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

this pic is of the bottom directly under the seat forward abit you should be able to see it by kneeling down on the right sidePosted Image

hope these help ,really didnt want to do it in the rain but I know what its like to wanna get poo done hahaha

and if I am wrong and anyone else can chime in please do I have only owned mine for a month or so I may not be as much help as others

Hey guys,
I also have the 550 tiller for my MF16. I noticed in the manual, there are a number of guards that mount under the tractor to help suppurt the belt (I am assuming). Do you guys run w/o these without issues??

#5 thecoater OFFLINE  

thecoater

Tractorholic

• 13 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 09:15 PM

if there is a bunch of guards I dont have them ,
when I bought it didnt know they were there so I had no clue until I joined here that they even existed so if you wanna take a pic and slap it up here I might be able to have them made

#6 jayjay OFFLINE  

jayjay

• Member No: 635
  • 15 Thanks
  • 40 posts

Posted August 09, 2010 - 08:10 PM

Thanks guys for the information and the pictures. I made some progress and found a few more parts that I did'nt know that I had. I'll make some connections and post more pictures in a couple of days. Does anyone have any idea what I need to do with the cylinder that I removed from the rear of the tractor?

#7 allied35 OFFLINE  

allied35
  • Member No: 10192
  • 1 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted June 13, 2012 - 08:15 PM

Sorry to bring up an old topic, did a google search and this came up... is there anyway you can get me the dimensions of the lift arm that goes from this tiller to pivot on the cylinder? picked up a mf 14 with a 550 tiller and it didnt come with it.

Thanks!

#8 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 06:08 AM

Welcome! Hopefully someone can find that info for you soon.Sometimes takes a bit for the right person to see what you are asking for, but they will be along.

#9 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 04:59 PM

Sorry to bring up an old topic, did a google search and this came up... is there anyway you can get me the dimensions of the lift arm that goes from this tiller to pivot on the cylinder? picked up a mf 14 with a 550 tiller and it didnt come with it.

Thanks!

I will try to post pics and measurements this weekend, as soon as I get a chance. Where about in Central NY are you, I'm about 1/2 way between Rochester and Syracuse.

#10 allied35 OFFLINE  

allied35
  • 1 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 05:11 AM

That would be great if you could! I live about 45 min. south of Syracuse, My in-laws live just south of Rochester.

thanks again for your help!
  • MH81 said thank you

#11 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 08:38 PM

Sounds like you need to surprise your wife and volunteer to go see the inlaws... Oh, and one other stop on the way back... :)

• allied35 said thank you

#12 allied35 OFFLINE  

allied35
  • 1 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted June 29, 2012 - 07:41 PM

I really enjoy going to the in-laws, they have a 60 cow dairy so i get to play with big tractors :dancingbanana: The extra stop.... well we will have to work on that :p