8 replies to this topic

#1 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted October 16, 2012 - 05:18 PM

Was just curious if anybody has seen any 210 sell lately?What do they go for?
A guy that i work with said his dad is cleaning house and wanted to know if i was interested in it.He bought it with a bad transmission.He rebiult it and thats where it set.Hasn't run in a couple of years so i'm thinking battery and carb cleaning.He's bringing in pictures tommorrow.

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 16, 2012 - 05:27 PM

I've noticed that the prices are all over the place up here depending on the condition of the tractor and if any attachments are included. Haven't seen one sell since early summer when there were 3 200 series sell with in a couple of weeks. Asking prices were between 400 and 800 if memory serves. One thing to check out on them is the steering. If it's got a lot of slop in it you may have to spend a bit of $ to get it sorted out. Wheel bearings, tie rod ends, axle bushings, front spindles and other parts of the linkage tend to wear out over time. If you need to replace all of this stuff it will go over 100$ easy.
  • ckjakline said thank you

#3 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted October 16, 2012 - 05:27 PM

Non-running complete 210 with deck? Anywhere between $100 - $300 on CL around here depending on condition.

Edited by Trav1s, October 16, 2012 - 05:28 PM.

#4 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted October 16, 2012 - 05:34 PM

I've noticed that the prices are all over the place up here depending on the condition of the tractor and if any attachments are included. Haven't seen one sell since early summer when there were 3 200 series sell with in a couple of weeks. Asking prices were between 400 and 800 if memory serves. One thing to check out on them is the steering. If it's got a lot of slop in it you may have to spend a bit of $ to get it sorted out. Wheel bearings, tie rod ends, axle bushings, front spindles and other parts of the linkage tend to wear out over time. If you need to replace all of this stuff it will go over 100$ easy.

If the column needs rebuilt the kit is on back-order through Deere. My dealer got one from another dealer that had it in stock. The 4 tie-rod ends are $15 a piece. The rebuild kit plus the misc parts to rebuild the column at close to $50. Wheel Bearings are about $5 a piece. There is is $120 and that does not cover all the pieces.

Edited by Trav1s, October 16, 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#5 Bigfoot OFFLINE  

Bigfoot
  • Member No: 11780
  • 20 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted October 16, 2012 - 06:58 PM

Be careful, don't jump at it, there are many JD's out there in better shape, unless of course you enjoy repairing machinery like I do, but I'm limited on finances as I'm retired. Does it have to be a 210?

#6 lyall ONLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,747 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted October 16, 2012 - 09:04 PM

I sold a JD 210 last month for $500 with a rebuild deck
I rebuild the kohler k241 motor - new piston, rings and rod
I serviced to whole tractor from front to back

others in the area complete running go for $400 to $900 - depends on if it is manual, electric or hydro lift just with a mower deck

if it does not start or have other problem they go for $100 to $250
  • Trav1s and ckjakline have said thanks

#7 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 09:53 AM

I ended up buying the 210 it was in decent shape.All the parts are there in a box.I just need to get a seat and springs.All the manuals and the tractor was worth the money.I got 3 operators manuals,also got a shop manual that had the parts book and the dealer service manual for the 200 series.He also threw in another mower that one was a newer white model.

john deere 045.JPG john deere 046.JPG john deere 047.JPG

#8 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 10:16 AM

Nice 210 you scored on there. good luck with it.

#9 zolt OFFLINE  

zolt

• Member No: 1713
  • 10 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 11:31 AM

bought mine for $130.....  was loaded onto trailer with fork lift, followed out of field by several cows----quite funny actually.

seller did say engine was 'tired', and used to die going uphill---

when i got it home, i discovered that carb was flooding really badly(hence dying going uphill, cuz gas flowed back into carb), so i took it apart and adjusted float,  now it runs perfectly, starts exc., no oil burning etc.....

it is one of my favorite looking tractors--of any brand,,,,

yours looks in good shape---

• Texas Deere and Horse and ckjakline have said thanks