• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bobp OFFLINE  

bobp
  • Member No: 10996
  • 0 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted October 16, 2012 - 05:02 PM

Hi, Im restoring a cub cadet original and i am looking for 6 x 12 turf tires. Does anyone know of a source for these tires? All the dealers around here tell me they are no longer made. If not, what is a good alternative. Thanks.

#2 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted October 16, 2012 - 06:48 PM

Bob, I know Miller Tire had a Carlisle brand that was really close to the originals, but I'm not sure if they are still carrying them or not. I'd check with them first, and if they don't have them anymore, I'd say ebay will be your only other alternative. Good luck on your search.

Troy
  • bobp said thank you

#3 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted October 16, 2012 - 07:35 PM

I don't believe Miller carries the old style 6-12's anymore. Not enough demand for them. You may be able to find a good set of used ones. I used to have a couple sets but I sold them. The other thing you could do, would be to put ag tires on it. They wouldn't be original but I personally like the look of ag tires more than turfs.
  • bobp said thank you

#4 mike912e OFFLINE  

mike912e
  • Member No: 14152
  • 426 Thanks
  • 241 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:11 PM

Just to update you guys on the Carlisle 6-12 tractor treaded tires are now listed for $71.05 each, as of 11/20/12 . I purchased two with tubes for the CC 72 I'm restoring just two weeks ago . The local CC dealer quoted me a lesser price before they placed the order and found out that they had gone up in price overnight ! They did sell them to me at the quoted price which was nice of them .