• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 27, 2012 - 11:00 AM

These are two great books for information.. I found them on ebay about 5 years ago.

Attached Thumbnails

• SCAN0005.JPG
  • SCAN0006.JPG

#17 Mike Unwin OFFLINE  

Mike Unwin
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12382
  • 380 Thanks
  • 297 posts

Posted October 27, 2012 - 01:35 PM

This was one of the Empires I had,both were the same size,although a gentleman up the road had a larger one.Seemed like there was a fair number made. Cheers Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• Bronco Sawing.jpg
  • Empire1.jpg

• tractorman604 said thank you

#18 Humey222 OFFLINE  

Humey222
  • Member No: 9183
  • 35 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 10:39 PM

There is a fellow that takes I believe 3 Empire tractors to the Pioneer show in Bracebridge Muskoka but his appear to be much older with wooden handlebars and very heavy. He has a lot of the paperwork on them also.
His remind me of the first Simplicity tractors and recall discussing the B&S engines on them.

Garry

Thanks for the info. I wanted to go to the Bracebridge show last year but the summer just flew by. I'm gonna try to go next year.

Parry

#19 Humey222 OFFLINE  

Humey222
  • 35 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 10:45 PM

This was one of the Empires I had,both were the same size,although a gentleman up the road had a larger one.Seemed like there was a fair number made. Cheers Mike

Thanks Mike. I see your from Uxbridge, I going up that way next Saturday to pick up a '62 Bolens Ride-a-matic from a fellow that I've gotten to know.

Parry

#20 Humey222 OFFLINE  

Humey222
  • 35 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:46 PM

Well that brings back some memories I had a couple Empire walk behinds and some Iron Horse engines made in Peterbough my Grandfather William worked in a shop called A.E. Browns at 61 Main Street Toronto as a mechanic on Iron Horse engines.I still have the original shop manuals and some rulers from the shop.I just checked my bookshelf and still have Vintage Garden Tractors by Dave Bass1990,2 nd edition 1992 and Garden Tractors by Alan C King 1992.Used to have a fair sized collection of hit and miss engines,walk behinds and 2 Massey Harris # 30,s also a Waterloo Bronco kinda of lost interest and slod most of the harware few things like my Stover engines I wished now I had kept. Cheers Mike

Hey Mike, one question for ya would you happen to have that Waterloo Bronco that you stated or have you let it go? Just curious thats all. Thanks, Parry

#21 Mike Unwin OFFLINE  

Mike Unwin
  • Contributor
  • 380 Thanks
  • 297 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 03:13 PM

Sorry Parry the Bronco is long gone,I think Jim has one.Actually looking for a Simplicity walk behing like a L or M,even a basket case without motor or implements. Cheers Mike

#22 Humey222 OFFLINE  

Humey222
  • 35 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 06:25 PM

Sorry Parry the Bronco is long gone,I think Jim has one.Actually looking for a Simplicity walk behing like a L or M,even a basket case without motor or implements. Cheers Mike

You know Jim? Very nice guy. I'm glad that i've gotten to know him. Sorry i can't help you out with a Simplicity but if I see or haer of one down here I'll let you know. Parry

Edited by Humey222, November 18, 2012 - 06:26 PM.

#23 Mike Unwin OFFLINE  

Mike Unwin
  • Contributor
  • 380 Thanks
  • 297 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 09:22 AM

I worked with Jim,now both retired he,s got quite a collection !

#24 Humey222 OFFLINE  

Humey222
  • 35 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 07:21 PM

I worked with Jim,now both retired he,s got quite a collection !

Yes he does. I love the Waterloo Bronco he has or should say his boy i think it belongs to. It's amazing the the people you get to know when you get involved in something like this.

#25 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 07:48 PM

That's funny you guys know Jim. I bought a 1963 bolens 600, and a 1947 choremaster off him, and yes he is a great guy. Next time your there get him to show you his tractors he makes out of old sewing machines

#26 Humey222 OFFLINE  

Humey222
  • 35 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 07:42 PM

That's funny you guys know Jim. I bought a 1963 bolens 600, and a 1947 choremaster off him, and yes he is a great guy. Next time your there get him to show you his tractors he makes out of old sewing machines

No way you know Jim too!! Seems like the question should be who don't know Jim up there! He showed me the little tractors that he makes from sewing machines and they're really neat. I bought a few Bolens from him. This is really cool that you guys don't live too far from me. I'm very glad that meet and got to know Jim a bit.