Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Anybody looking for a beautifully restored 1968 MF 12 hydraspeed???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 12:01 AM

I have a gorgeous MF 12 hydra speed I've been toying with the idea of selling!? I restored it about 10 yrs ago and showed it at a few tractor shows and it has sense been on a shelf about 8 feet in the air on a pallet in a heated shop and hasn't touched the ground in 8 yrs now! I believe it to be a early model...1968?? Has a starter/generator that runs by belt off the flywheel via a belt pulley. Has original chrome hub caps with the massey triangle stamped in them. Engine has been rebuilt, hydro was gone through and works perfectly, new original wiring harness, amp gauge, throttle cable and choke cable new. Everything oem new or rebuilt! Tires are all new. Decals all new, front nose piece an original brand new. Won't find a nicer one anywhere! If your interested let me know! Luke

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 09:19 AM

It is an early 67 model. The starter generators were only used the 1st half of 67, then went to flywheel ring gear starter & stator charge. Would yours happen to be a points ignition as mine also? I have the 44th of this model to come off the line. Serial 500044

#3 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 11:53 PM

Hmmm! Thats interesting to know.......not sure of the serial number, would have to look at the tag again! I personnally don't care for the starter/generator setup, have a hard time keeping the belt from slipping when trying to start the engine. So is this tractor worth anymore since it was a low production tractor with that starter setup? Whats it worth??? Thanks for the info! Luke