• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 powerstroker00 OFFLINE  

powerstroker00

• Member No: 8405
  • 669 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 01:07 PM

Nice find on the Panzer! As to your question about the motor mounting. There was a cast mounting plate that the engine would bolt to. The plate then was mounted to the tractor frame with 3 rubber mounts. If your tractor was an electric staart it would have had a Kohler and if it was a pull start they had Briggs engines. The engines would have a 3 step v belt pulley along with a rubber drive wheel on the end of the crankshaft to drive the tractor.

are those cast plates hard to come by? and is it a k181 that i am looking for? i know she is alittle rough, but that makes it worth more to me, looking for parts on something you dont see everyday! this is the only one i have ever seen, i knew what it was but had only seen pics. they must have not been very popular in southern indiana.

#17 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 09:24 PM

Not sure of the Kohler model number.
Yeah, sounds like the plate is gone, huh. Look up Dandy Sales online good place to start unless you find a parts one around.

#18 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,334 Thanks
  • 1,322 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 10:20 AM

If you look, there is a recent thread by BowDown on an engine plate, there is a decent pic of what you are looking for !!!
  • powerstroker00 said thank you

#19 Dieselcowboy OFFLINE  

Dieselcowboy

• Member No: 8268
  • 72 Thanks
  • 109 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 01:14 PM

I saw a coment I can correct on here in this post.

"Looks like a model "T75". GREAT FIND!! With electric start it would have had a Kohler, Rope starts were Briggs powered. Since that one looks to have an AMP gauge it must have had the Kohler. I believe they were 8 horsepower and run a starter/generator combo. :thumbs:"

These were also equiped with electirc start briggs. As I have one. Was all origianal when it can to me.
  • jpackard56 said thank you

#20 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 05:51 AM

These were also equiped with electirc start briggs. As I have one. Was all origianal when it can to me.

Dieselcowboy is 100% correct on this, and as I recall did a very nice restore on one of these this last year. Should be several threads with photos around here somewhere to help you see what might be missing. Good Luck !

#21 powerstroker00 OFFLINE  

powerstroker00

• Member No: 8405
  • 669 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:20 PM

I saw a coment I can correct on here in this post.

"Looks like a model "T75". GREAT FIND!! With electric start it would have had a Kohler, Rope starts were Briggs powered. Since that one looks to have an AMP gauge it must have had the Kohler. I believe they were 8 horsepower and run a starter/generator combo. :thumbs:"

so how do i know if it was a kohler or a briggs? i cant find any tags on it.

#22 BowDown ONLINE  

BowDown
  • Member No: 10128
  • 198 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 07:44 AM

If it has provisions for an amp meter, and battery box it was electric start; This would mean Kohler.
  • powerstroker00 said thank you