• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 02:49 PM

Hard to tell from the pics but it appears you may have the wrong lift bracket.

Since you have an older deck you should have brackets pictured below.

The "newer" style decks 1966 and up used this style bracket which as you can see dosent have as sharp of a bend in the metal.

Well, you could be right on that. I didn't know they had different brackets on the tractors for different year decks. My 850 is a 1969 - the last year for the 850. It could have an older deck on it. I'd actually like to find a newer deck for it with a front roller and wheels so that it doesn't scalp the lawn as badly as this deck does. Depending on the slope of the terrain, the deck I have with the metal runners on it doesn't really do a good job of allowing the deck to "float" and especially not having a front deck roller allows the middle blade to scalp the lawn on the crest of hills and slopes. If someone has a lead on a newer deck in good condition, let me know!!

Edited by MailmAn, October 30, 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#17 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 04:21 PM

Well, you could be right on that. I didn't know they had different brackets on the tractors for different year decks. My 850 is a 1969 - the last year for the 850. It could have an older deck on it. I'd actually like to find a newer deck for it with a front roller and wheels so that it doesn't scalp the lawn as badly as this deck does. Depending on the slope of the terrain, the deck I have with the metal runners on it doesn't really do a good job of allowing the deck to "float" and especially not having a front deck roller allows the middle blade to scalp the lawn on the crest of hills and slopes. If someone has a lead on a newer deck in good condition, let me know!!

Your deck was made before your 850 was produced. The deck appears to be around 1964-1966
In 1969 They began adding deck rollers as standard equipment.
  • MailmAn said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trac-vac, bolens 850