31 replies to this topic

#31 ckjakline ONLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted October 16, 2012 - 07:25 PM

[This is my dads 14 that i finished back in april (give or take).All the red was done at a body shop.All the welding and body work that it needed it was cheaper for them to do everything.That was all done with a spray gun.The grill was done with spray can.Frame i painted one coat with the spray cans,then 1 coat with spray gun,and clear.

tractor show 2012 056.JPG tractor show 2012 057.JPG
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#32 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 04:55 PM

Since it appears that there will not be anymore posts on this topic, I just wanted to say Thank you to all of you guys that posted pictures of your paint finishes and techniques used to get them that way. I hope all of the guys that had questions on which method is the best to use, got the answers that they were looking for, and can put either way to good use. My opinion is, either way gives a nice finish, as can be seen in some of the posts. No matter which way you decide to go with, just remember that the prep work and base coat is the major technique to get just right. Practice makes perfect, but then again, I don't consider any paint finish perfect, including my own, as there is always room for improvement. Just do the best you can, and be proud of what you did. Nobody is ever a loser as long as you did the best job you could.

Thanks again for posting guys, and you all have some really nice paint finishes!
  • josh deaven, CASENUT, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks