• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 che57vy OFFLINE  

che57vy
  • Member No: 12912
  • 1 Thanks
  • 28 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hello, Are the steel wheels on the front of Speedex rare? I never have seen any just rubber tires.

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 12:43 PM

I was told Never steel wheels on speedex, BUT, this summer at Portland was a very early S model with only forward and reverse case and a implement lift (which most had) that had steel wheels all around. fronts were probly type used on the hit and miss engine dolleys at shows and rears looked homemade with angle iron on some sort of center. Was all rusty and stuck, non orig engine and it was stuck too and fella wanted $200 cause he thought was early one on steel. I wanted to buy, but my $50 offer didn't stand! Later it went by my sales area with someone pulling on a cart. He said $185 was price and just wanted the wheels!! There were other speedex of same model, maybe even better for little as $200, which past us running and driving, owner walking beside it? and most around $400 for some fair shape. Those early ones have little for trans/brake or lifts, I don't care for them.

You should visit speedextractorinformation.org to learn of them. Lots of history and pictures there.

Edited by glgrumpy, October 14, 2012 - 12:45 PM.

• che57vy said thank you

#3 che57vy OFFLINE  

che57vy
  • Member No: 12912
  • 1 Thanks
  • 28 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 01:51 PM

the one I saw had rubber on rear but front were speedex steel wheels like you would find on a cultivator, I could not figure why you would want steel on front with tiller steer.

#4 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 05:16 PM

The original wheels say 'speedex' on them and are kinda hard to find...unless you find a guy parting a tiller steer out.
  • che57vy said thank you