• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 07:09 AM

I like the pics you post because you clearly show the important information. I am amazed that a phone is that good. Good Luck

#32 quad_man10 OFFLINE  

quad_man10
  • Member No: 13071
  • 4 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 09:06 AM

Thanks boyscout,
It looks like i wont get anytime to work on the tractors. With this so called Storm coming in. Hopefully the rain will hold off today, but its already misting out. Looks like i will be reading up on the forums for the next couple days till it passes. To bad i have been itching to get things done.

#33 Enginerd OFFLINE  

Enginerd

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 611
  • 61 Thanks
  • 140 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 12:02 AM

I got the mower deck off the Gt17 today. The blades all spin with some resistance. The lift system is completely stuck and rotted. I will post some pictures of it to see what you guys think. I might be able to fix it, but my welding is not so good. Its also probably not worth my time. I have been searching CL trying to find another mower deck. I can't seem to find one. Does anyone know how valuable are these decks are? I still need more time to see if the engine will turn over. Then i will decide what i am going to do with it.
Thanks

Two decks in CT. New Milford is a bit of a haul for you. Not sure where the other one is, but probably a similar distance.
http://nwct.craigsli...3350881629.html
http://nwct.craigsli...3320383750.html
  • quad_man10 said thank you

#34 quad_man10 OFFLINE  

quad_man10
  • 4 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 11:24 AM

Thanks Enginerd,
They both would be over a 2 hour drive for me. Its a little to far for me. At least i i know some prices for the attachments. I will keep looking though. Thank you very much for keeping me in mind.

#35 quad_man10 OFFLINE  

quad_man10
  • 4 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 05:22 PM

I bought a set of new front tires and got them installed on the tractor. Now i am trying to decide if i should tube the rear tires or just get new tires. I have never tired putting a tube in a tire. How hard is it to do? I would have to end up paying about $40-50 for tubes, but then i can get new tires for about $120. Guess i will wait and see if i can find a better deal for tires. New tires do make the tractor look clean. I also stole the seat mounting brackets off the gt17. Now i just have to find a none ripped seat or recover the one i have.

#36 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 07:40 PM

Do you have a tire machine? Putting tubes in tires isn't THAT hard, but can be a little tough without a machine.

#37 quad_man10 OFFLINE  

quad_man10
  • 4 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 04:50 PM

Do you have a tire machine? Putting tubes in tires isn't THAT hard, but can be a little tough without a machine.

Well i went ahead and bought new tires anyway. The old ones would have worked with tubes, but i figured i might as well just do it. I tired for a little bit today to get the tire off. I could not get it. Then i stopped and figured i could give them to my oldest brother who has access to a tire machine. Hopefully he is able to do them soon.

#38 quad_man10 OFFLINE  

quad_man10
  • 4 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 01:47 PM

Well i did not want to wait for my brother so i am doing the tires myself. I have already dismounted and partially mounted the new tires. Now I cant get the beads to seat. Since the tires came very squished. It looks like i might have to take the tire off and try to stretch it out. Has anyone else encountered this? What did you do about it?
Thanks

#39 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,945 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 07:14 PM

I use a ratchet strap around the middle of the tire. That usually will push the sides out to where it can seat.
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#40 quad_man10 OFFLINE  

quad_man10
  • 4 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 03:04 PM

I use a ratchet strap around the middle of the tire. That usually will push the sides out to where it can seat.

I did try a ratchet strap around the middle but the sidewalls are to far pushed in. The strap only makes them go toward the center more. I tried using two straps one on each side of the tire. It looked like it was about to go but i could not get it. I will have to try again tomorrow when i can get some another set of hands.

#41 quad_man10 OFFLINE  

quad_man10
  • 4 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 11:36 AM

I still could not get the tires to seat. So i gave them to my brother to take to his work. Hopefully he will get them done by next week. I was also scanning CL and found a snowblower for sale. They are asking $200 but is need paint. Does this sound like a deal. I have not seen many other blowers around. Let me know what you think.

#42 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,945 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 07:55 PM

Is the snowblower single or two stage? I think location will make a big difference in price. Depends on how popular Ariens was in your area.

#43 quad_man10 OFFLINE  

quad_man10
  • 4 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 09:45 PM

Is the snowblower single or two stage? I think location will make a big difference in price. Depends on how popular Ariens was in your area.

Hey Shorty,
It is a two stage. The biggest problem i have is i dont have anywhere to paint it. I will probably go take a look sometime this week. Its not to far from me so i will see how it really looks in person.

#44 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,945 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 08:38 PM

It sounds like a decent deal if it is sound otherwise. As for paint, a rattle can job can be done almost anywhere.

#45 quad_man10 OFFLINE  

quad_man10
  • 4 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 04:44 PM

I finally got the rear tires mounted and on the tractor. It seems that i need to clean the carb again. It was surging a little bit at mid throttle. Now i am going to have to mount a seat and find some attachments. I am still waiting to hear back from someone with a snowblower but he still has not gotten back to me. If i cant find any attachments soon i will probably sell the tractor. I would like to be able to use it for awhile. Driving it is effort less. The power steering is an awesome feature.