UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 03:31 PM

Wife farted... :worshippy1: mine is prego and she can chase me out the bedroom with a good one these days..

Yeah I feel ya on that. When Steph was preggo she was a WMD. Made the farting Boxer seem tolerable.

#17 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 03:33 PM

There was a squirrel chattering a while ago.Now all I here is the cooling fan on my computer. :D

#18 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 14, 2012 - 03:47 PM

Country living is the life for me! Mr Douglas had it right years ago.

#19 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 05:35 PM

Gerald, does the Elk calling for a mate do anything for you ? Or is that just the sheep ? I'm sorry, had to ask.

I hear tons of Tree frogs and crickets. Wild turkeys at times and the guy about a 1/4 mile from me cows. They go nuts when a storm is approaching.

I've been hearing at night a new sound that I've never heard before, it's some kind of critter, just no idea what it is.

Day time I hear my buddy the Red Tailed hawk, he's been hunting the woods behind my house for years. It's fun to watch him grabbing baby squirrels and rabbits.

• Team_Green and LilysDad have said thanks

#20 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 05:37 PM

Baaaaaa errr i mean sheep Ken... It's the only way to go.. :smilewink:

#21 Arti OFFLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,290 Thanks
  • 963 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 05:42 PM

The greatest sound in the world.....
IT'S RAINING

It finally rained here, I think we easily got an inch or more this am. We really haven't had any rain for about 3 months, The birds left in July so it has been really quiet around here.

#22 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 06:54 PM

The greatest sound in the world.....
IT'S RAINING

It finally rained here, I think we easily got an inch or more this am. We really haven't had any rain for about 3 months, The birds left in July so it has been really quiet around here.

Glad to hear, but I had no idea so many places were still so dry. Been a tough year. Maybe your birds will return now.

#23 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 07:22 PM

Loons calling each other to gather, as they ready to migrate south.

• olcowhand, daytime dave, achomesteader and 1 other said thanks

#24 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 08:53 PM

Mostly heard rain and engine noise here today too. Went for a road trip was supposed to be a color tour but the colors were mostly on the ground. A flock of Sand hill cranes flew over and said howdy when we got home. One day last week I came home after work, grabbed a beer, went out front with the dog, sat on the deck stepsand heard.......nothing, AHHHH.

todays pic one of many

IMG_2895.JPG

#25 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 15, 2012 - 08:29 AM

Glad to hear, but I had no idea so many places were still so dry. Been a tough year. Maybe your birds will return now.

Uh Yeah Daniel it's dry. My dad lives about 3 miles away along Cherry Creek. I told him not to bother going to see if the creek was up after we got 3 inches of rain this weekend. I have cracks out in the field as big as cherry creek and they have to fill up before the water can get down to his place. The Weather service said on the radio this morning we would need 6 more rains that big this month to get subsoil moisture back to normal.Hope we get it before the Big Freeze or the frost will go deep and there will be waterlines frozen and we plant then 42" down here in Iowa.

#26 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 15, 2012 - 08:31 AM

Uh Yeah Daniel it's dry. My dad lives about 3 miles away along Cherry Creek. I told him not to bother going to see if the creek was up after we got 3 inches of rain this weekend. I have cracks out in the field as big as cherry creek and they have to fill up before the water can get down to his place. The Weather service said on the radio this morning we would need 6 more rains that big this month to get subsoil moisture back to normal.Hope we get it before the Big Freeze or the frost will go deep and there will be waterlines frozen and we plant then 42" down here in Iowa.

Oh I forgot in my original post, when they are running races at Iowa Speedway(5 miles away) I can hear the drone of racing engines.

#27 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted October 15, 2012 - 09:07 AM

Not exactly on topic, but one morning my wife and I were spending the night out in our boat on a local lake. As you might expect, it was a quiet night, with frogs, birds, and the gentle slapping of water against the hull........until about 5 am. That is when all the local bass fisherman launched their boats and came speeding by, over and over, ten or more. The gentle slapping became violent rocking, the engines whined and moaned until I thought I'd anchored at a local speedway. We never anchored in that spot again!

#28 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted October 15, 2012 - 09:24 AM

The rain Saturday evening was great stuff to hear. The ground cracks are close to healing over. That 1.5 -2" of rain helped a lot. They had flash flood warnings posted, but that was just for street flooding. No standing water the next morning around here!

#29 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted October 15, 2012 - 12:12 PM

While I was not sleeping a wink last night i listened to the new kitten meow, my wife snore, my son making all sorts of interesting noises in his sleep, pouring rain, and the roosters crowing. I can't wait till all but one of those things are on the dinner plate. One rooster crowing is a nice sound. 6 crowing is an argument.

#30 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted October 15, 2012 - 04:30 PM

At home, I hear birds singing, squirrels chattering, sirens blowing, horns honking and sometimes only the wind.

Tomorrow I'll be at camp and will hear the loons calling, geese honking and the wind blowing on a beautiful day.

Thanks for reminding me about the loons Will.