Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Carb Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 11:13 AM

I'm working on a Cub Cadet LT1050, the starter was the original issue but when I got that fixed I found that it had been sitting to long and the carburetor had become stopped up. I have pulled the carb apart and cleaned it but there is a plate in the body under the float that I'm not familiar with. I'm hoping someone had delt with this Carburetor before and can advise me if this plate will come off and how to do that. There doesn't seem to be much info on the web about this Carburetor and even the Keihn site doesn't even list it.

Here are the specs.
Tractor model: LT1050
Engine: Kohler 23HP Courage engine
Model: SV 720S
Spec No: PS-SV720-0010
Carburetor: Keihin
Model: Not sure if this is the model or not 32 053-04 it also has a BCH on the side.

Here is a pic of the carburetor:

DSCF0579.JPG

These are pics of the plate I'm asking about.

DSCF0586.JPG

DSCF0585.JPG

#2 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 03:10 PM

.... if this plate will come off ...

Anything will come off, given enough time and force. The real question is should it come off. It likely covers the smaller passages that feed the jets. There might even be a one-way valve/screen under it. Given the cleanish state of the carb's interior, I'd be more apt to spend my time on the exterior. Somewhere there should be an external air vent. Your's is likely covered in crud.
  • HDWildBill said thank you

#3 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 04:58 PM

I now have the carburetor clean outside and inside, all that remains is the question about this plate. I agree with you NCDGO that there are probably passages under the plate but the plate looks like it has been pressed on the tangs and I'm really hesitant to try and remove it. Thanks.