Case IH DX24E operators manual

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nswnotill OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1001
  • 10 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted August 07, 2010 - 07:02 AM

I have recently purchased a S/H Case IH DX24E sub compact tractor with a 60" mid mounted mower. The tractor is in good shape, but no operators manual is available. I was able to get hold of a parts manual on Ebay. New operator manual from the dealer is over $200.
Does anyone have a spare hard copy manual, or perhaps an electronic one in pdf. format?
Any assistance appreciated.:anyone:

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,451 Thanks
  • 17,089 posts

Posted August 07, 2010 - 07:26 AM

Welcome to the forum, nswnotill
There are some very knowledgable case guys here. Hopefully someone has the manual to help you out....

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 07, 2010 - 07:37 AM

nswnotill:welcometogttalk:glad to have you here.

#4 caseguy OFFLINE  

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted August 07, 2010 - 07:52 AM

Welcome aboard nswnotill. Unfortunately I don't have any Case GT or sub-compact manuals. And if it were a Deere or a Kohler engine, they're available online in PDF format for free! I've checked out the website for CaseIH and their manuals are apparently gold plated. Our local CaseIH dealer has a collection of used manuals for sale at fairly reasonable prices. Maybe if you check one in your area, they'll have the same. You might also check YTmag, but they're not cheap either and they're mostly I&T. Sorry I couldn't be more help and good luck.

#5 nswnotill OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1001
  • 10 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted August 07, 2010 - 05:45 PM

Thanks for making the enquiry. The unit I have here has a 24HP Shibaura 3 cyl. diesel engine. I have checked out various tractor forums with no result. If you happen to come across a manual for less than $50 let me know.

#6 hydriv OFFLINE  

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted August 09, 2010 - 03:16 PM

First off, this forum is dedicated to the line of garden tractors that Case USED TO own but foolishly sold back in 1983. The tractor you have is not a garden tractor but rather a sub-CUT or CUT. So essentially, you are posting on the wrong forum.

As I understand it, your tractor is 100 percent Shibaura, not just the engine. $200.00 for an OP manual is nothing short of obscene and usurious but it doesn't surprise me because I have already been warned about the insane prices for Shibaura parts as my son in law owns a FORD CUT that was made by them and sold with the FORD name and colours.

Op Manuals for just about any Case GT cost from $8.00 to $20.00. Even a full service manual doesn't exceed $75.00 and Parts Manuals are a free download. I'd like to see someone try and justify $200.00 for that manual. Those are the sort of prices that just sour owners on the brand. I'm pushing my SIL to sell his next spring before he needs to spend any money on it.