• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• Member No: 1100
  • 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 12:22 AM

Well guys I'm not sure if I made a good choice on this, A few weeks ago I picked up some cub cadet stuff of a guy I kinda know,after we got it loaded up and paid him he offered me this simplicity he had sittin off to the side. I dont know much about them ,didnt look at it too much but I noticed it looked somwhat complete.He said it runs good,needs a batt and a back tire."its bad " I'm not sure what model it is,I didnt ask,kinda looks like a landlord from the pics I've seen online.Its got somekinda shaft coming out the grill and some kinda 3pt./sleeve hitch on back.No mower deck that he knows of ,it does have a snow plow and also a snow blower. He told me a $100. He wanted it gone,tryin to clean up his drive way. I talked to him once or twice about it but never told him yes or know,if he can sell it go ahead no big deal. I was texting him lastnight about a motor for somthing else and he brought it up again.Well long story short today he asked if I wanted it , Told him if he could wait till next weekend I would take it,Ive got alot goin on right now. I really dont have room for it,but it wouldnt bother me to put it outback under the deck where it wont get snowed on all winter till next year. I could sell it part it out ,whatever and I wouldnt regret it.I'm not really into them, " not yet anyways lol " never know right. what do some of you guys think,good deal ,ok depends on if it starts. I dont see him sayin it ran good if it didnt. I thought if I could find a smaller deck for it maybe keep it for mowin the lawn.I hate using the 104 with a 48"deck.its a pain. I usually keep the deck off it,I got that 1 for pullin a trailer around with.I wouldnt mind gettin it runnin and putting a smaller deck on it,or a deck and just keep it outside but dry. Any oppinions on this one would help. its gotta be worth a lil more then his asking price if its runnin right? maybe make a few bucks on it,thats one of the options anyways.If it dont cost to much. Is it hard to find a deck for them,

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 05:35 AM

If it's a horizontal engine, it would have a bevel gear box. If good, that part will cover your purchase or most of it. Can't think you can go wrong on that deal. Especially with the attachments.

When you get it home, post up a few pics, one of these guys will be able to tell you about it.

#3 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 06:43 AM

Well, it sounds like one of a dozen+ early Simplicity tractor models, without running boards ( known as FDT,s amoung enthusiast), made between 1959 and 1969. Typically they would have a 42" or 48" deck but decks from smaller tractors as small as 32" have been successfully fitted. SiMplicity makes a superior mowing machine. As said above, unless it is a basket case, I think it is safe to say that it is easily worth $100. .

Edited by skunkhome, October 13, 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#4 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 11:11 AM

I know it does have a hor.shaft motor,think a brigs but not sure exactly,like I said dont know much about it.I'm thinkin worse case I could put it for sale and try to get my money back . well see what happens,but I do have plans to go pick it up .

#5 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 07:08 PM

Well the weekend is almost here,this week sure went by fast.I was talkin to the guy with the simplicitya lil bit ago.He said its a 725,not sure about the motor except its a brigs.maybe 10hp but not sure. Said if I dont come ghet it hes gonna end up scrappin it.Think I'm gonna go tomorrow and pick it up along with the snowblower & blade. I havent even had time to make room for it , As of now,I dont plan on keeping it. Anyone know about thses 725's ?