• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 ol' stonebreaker ONLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,304 Thanks
  • 975 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 05:33 PM

Well, the jury's back out on the charger. Something is drawing the batt down in our Chev P/U. I checked a few days ago and the batt was totally dead. Hooked the new charger to it and in less than a minute the li'l green charge complete lite on the charger came on w/ it set at 10 amps. I jumped it off the Nissan, let it charge itself up and load tested the batt, tester said it's good. I think I'll take it back and look for an old style batt charger. They're bullet proof.
Mike

#17 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 07:07 PM

Well, the jury's back out on the charger. Something is drawing the batt down in our Chev P/U. I checked a few days ago and the batt was totally dead. Hooked the new charger to it and in less than a minute the li'l green charge complete lite on the charger came on w/ it set at 10 amps. I jumped it off the Nissan, let it charge itself up and load tested the batt, tester said it's good. I think I'll take it back and look for an old style batt charger. They're bullet proof.
Mike

Get the extended warranty...In a yr or so you'll need it...but hey for an extra 4 or 5 bucks...hard to beat...GL

Hard to beat those sale prices...

Mike...make sense now? The battery chargers aren't the most robust thing at HF :-)

#18 ol' stonebreaker ONLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,304 Thanks
  • 975 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 08:17 PM

Mike...make sense now? The battery chargers aren't the most robust thing at HF :-)

It came w/ a 90 day instore warranty.
Mike
  • CASENUT said thank you

#19 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 08:35 PM

Good thing it failed soon :-)

#20 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 08:54 PM

I too like HF for some things, but if it's to make me money, sorry no HF for me.
I do have a lot of hand tools from there, as a second back up set for the good stuff, and around the house.