• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,733 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 10:40 AM

I'd like to see some pictures of an A-C walk-behind. I've never heard of them having a walk behind.

#47 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 11:02 AM

I have no pictures on computer, being that I bought it when we still shooting film, but they are the same as a Simplicity. Looks like this, but with a different engine jammed on top. Vintage Garden Tractor Page
  • ducky and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#48 rriecker OFFLINE  

rriecker

• Contributor
  • Member No: 220
  • 33 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted March 25, 2011 - 10:41 PM

I am glad to see more 2 wheel fans on here...I have 10 so far....

#49 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 09:42 AM

I have no pictures on computer, being that I bought it when we still shooting film, but they are the same as a Simplicity. Looks like this, but with a different engine jammed on top. Vintage Garden Tractor Page

Thanks for the link. So much info there.

#50 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,733 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 10:40 AM

I am glad to see more 2 wheel fans on here...I have 10 so far....

Welcome to the forum. Nice to see another walkbehind collector on here. This section has been silent for awhile! What makes do you have?

#51 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted March 31, 2011 - 10:03 PM

Hello gent I found a wheel horse with a sickle mower, wheel weights and cultivator that runs and the gent wants to sell for
$300.00 what you think. Going to look tomorrow. Thanks Dale

#52 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 31, 2011 - 10:31 PM

Dale The sickle bar is worth 300.00 alone, GO GET IT !!!! Good Luck...

#53 david b OFFLINE  

david b

• Member No: 3086
  • 1 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 02:36 PM

i am a big time walk behind garden tractor fan i have owned alot of them in ohio

#54 jimmymc2286 OFFLINE  

jimmymc2286

• Member No: 2540
  • 15 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted July 26, 2011 - 11:15 PM

I just got started with walk behinds. I have a Bolens Power Ho, a simplicity LC, a 1948 gravely L, and a Chinese 12hp diesel walk behind on a ship somewhere in the pacific on its way here. I hope to use it on my small farm to do some of the chores I use my small tractor for. I find these walk behinds fun and entertaining. My brother and I took the Power Ho to the LAGC meet at the Edinburg In. meet and had a great time riding around in the trailer I had hooked to it. It is a nice way to see a show.

#55 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 27, 2011 - 06:09 AM

david bradley model 51 (needs engine and t.l.c.) and early 104-super 3 (all original) along with dozer/snow plow and 6 inch garden plow, more implements will follow, had speedex model C with implements, but sold it to speedex enthusiast,
trowel

#56 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 281 Thanks
  • 270 posts

Posted July 27, 2011 - 08:14 PM

Guess I'll chip in with my .02 cents worth. I have my dad's old walk behind 2 wheeler although I don't know what it is. I had to take it apart to get it from Ohio to IN and it's still in pieces in the shed. I remember using it to plow and disc when I was a young kid and I still have the implements also. As far as I know there are no markings or tags on it but I remember that it had an Iron Horse engine on it and I thought it was pretty cool since the cylinder was slanted forward, kinda like half of a Harley engine. Someone stole the engine off of it while it was in our backyard. Later dad used a B&S engine to power it but somehow my brother wound up with that engine. It has the ratchet wheel drive and the handles are very heavy rectangular steel stock, not the usual tubing. It will have to take it's place in the restoration line behind my Gardenall 4 wheeler however. Since I'm retired I don't seem to have any time at all!:D

#57 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted August 02, 2011 - 06:21 PM

Hey, that's a real nice tractor.I have seen similar looking ones at tractor shows although not as nice as yours ,but nobody wants to part with them and i can see why......very nice!

#58 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted October 04, 2011 - 11:56 AM

I have a couple Gravely model L's. One runs, one is still awaiting attention. Have a few attachments for them - couple of field mowers, cultivator, tiller, a sulky, and grader blade. One of the gravelys has tandem wheels with wheel weights, the other is the more standard configuration.

Gravelys were old style built to last machines - and the manuals were made for people who were expected to do their own work. The gravely engine (a 6.6 hp iron monster with loads of torque) had a habit of the exhaust valve sticking if the engine sat for a long time. The owners manual (circa 1955 or so) explains how to remove the head and oil then tap the valve to free the motor back up!

Down side of gravely, at least the L model, is no steering brakes - actually no brakes at all, except for engine braking. If you spend a day muscling one of these around, you will know you have been working!

We still use ours to bushhog places the tractor won't safely go. But only in small doses!:smile1:
  • Alc said thank you

#59 bontai Joe OFFLINE  

bontai Joe

• Member No: 6552
  • 6 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted October 06, 2011 - 10:11 PM

I have a Troy-Bilt Horse tiller, does that count? Mine is a pre-PTO model, so no nifty attachments like the log splitter, or wood chipper. But that ol' tiller sure made me some money over the years doing custom tilling of gardens.