#16 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 05:22 AM

Just got back from another trip to work on a rotary dryer in Texarkana and thought I would share a few photos of the job and what we had to bring back home with us.

We are running at 600F. and taking 100 ton/hr from 12% moister down to .02%. What appears to be dust is steam off the product, it's discharging the dryer at 375F.

Here is what we brought back home with us !!

That explains the rain. I see an old Sunset Case on the trailer, maybe we can do some swapping.

#17 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 01:40 PM

Drying Calcium mostly powder, which holds a lot more water then 1" stone does.

The truck was squatting a little bit, but still had springs left. :D

That is very interesting. A few years ago I took a day off and did somthing just because I wanted to. A local Radio Station was running a special promotion they called the "Journey to the Center of the Earth" Martin Marrietta opened their limestone mine in Ames iowa for tours. It was facinating to go 500 ft below ground level (and 3 levels of Shafts) and learn how the stone was mined.
And oh the Toys they had to play with!! Big trucks and equipment that they had to take apart and reassemble underground, Rock Crushers and Explosives!! They said the veins they were working went from NW Iowa clear down into Missouri and for the most part no one knows it is even there.