28 replies to this topic

#1 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8328
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 07:32 AM

Any prepares here? I do think the end of the world is coming. I think it's the end of society as we know know. I would suspect financial collapse or maybe a EMP. MY family and I are setting up for self sustainability.

Sent from my HTC One X

#2 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 07:48 AM

May i ask HOW you are setting up? what are your important preps?

#3 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 08:09 AM

We have a homestead of about 15. We will all join at my parents house if it gets bad(such as violent looters). We will each remain in our homes if all is peaceful. We all live on 300 acres. We have enough food and water to keep us comfortable for 2 months. We have two winters worth of fire wood all tools and supplies needed to re load all of our fire arms. Tools and training to slaughter our own animals. 1000s of seeds. All major medical supplies with medicinal herbs etc.. we have a back stock of insulin and such.

Thread, fabric, needles and such. I also got extra glasses. Hand tools and associated items for maintenance. We have horse drawn equipment.

We are planning on going back to the way it was. No generators no need for fuel.

That's all can think of off the top of my head.

Sent from my HTC One X

#4 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 08:49 AM

Well I'm not ready to write off this country and the world yet. I just can't accept that!
But there certainly is nothing wrong with being prepared for some tough times. Heck I've lived that way most of my life. So am not going to change now.
And if the world really does come to an end, I'm counting on the Rapture and won't be here to see it.

Edited by JD DANNELS, October 11, 2012 - 08:51 AM.

• powerking56, Texas Deere and Horse, johndeereelfman and 1 other said thanks

#5 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 09:51 AM

I should say I think it's the end of the world as we know it. I could go back to the way the 1800s were with no problem. It would take some adjustment but I could do it.

Sent from my HTC One X

#6 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• Member No: 6171
  • 280 Thanks
  • 403 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 05:24 PM

Any prepares here? I do think the end of the world is coming. I think it's the end of society as we know know. I would suspect financial collapse or maybe a EMP. MY family and I are setting up for self sustainability.

Sent from my HTC One X

I'm prepared whats your address again. LOL

#7 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 06:09 PM

Sadly my medical plan won't allow me to "stock up" on the stuff I need. But, I hope to remain upright long enough to dispatch some of them "violent looters". If I get a couple of 'em I'll consider my work here complete. I have no special regard for mankind's end, the good and the bad swing like a pendulum, always have, and what ever is going to happen will happen.

Re. "financial collapse", you can bet it IS coming in one form or another. To elaborate on how I know would violate the "politics policy" of this forum. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks the "Major Reshuffle" of the world won't involve Ma Nature in any way...

#8 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 06:54 PM

I have no special plans regarding world change as I'm always pretty much ready for whatever happens. This farm has taught me that much. I have about 1500 rounds of ammo, so like Harold, I'll surely get at least 2 scumbag looters if/when that happens! The problem is, when things truly do hit the skids, there will be far more scumbags than self sufficient people, so no matter how much ammo you have, your own demise will come. I'd rather leave this place earlier than later then, as those scumbags left will suffer greatly once the self sufficient are gone and they have nobody to steal from. A slow & agonizing death by starvation. No politics needed to blame....just plain old people too lazy to fend for themselves the right/decent way. Too many people on this earth & breeding like rats is what will bring mankind to it's knees.

#9 ol' stonebreaker ONLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,317 Thanks
  • 983 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 07:12 PM

We live in a town of 3k pop. I don't worry too much but we have stockpiled lots of essential foods. I worry that when STHF happens how many folks from larger cities will come to try to take our food. They better come well armed 'cause I'm sure our town has more guns and lethal bows than anyone could imagine.
Mike

#10 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 07:16 PM

If you guys are talking about this 12/21/12 myth or crap, I don't believe it. I was working with two guys on Tuesday, and they are believing this that much, that they are actually going on line looking for survival kits. Really? I'm with JD Dannels. I'll be part of the rapture and won't have to worry about it. Besides, from what these two guys were talking about on Tuesday, they said the Yellow Stone National Park is going to erupt with a huge explosion, and the air will fill with lava dust across the entire United States, and all the way to Europe, so thick that you won't ever see the sun for many years. If that would be the case, what good are those seeds going to be without sunlight? With ash that thick, how long do you really expect mankind to survive? Money won't be any good, as I can't imagine anything being worth something with all of the ash dust. Looting? What good is steeling a television, car, or computer if there is no gas or electricity?

I believe what is wrote in the Bible, and what God promisses us in his word! End of story!
  • Texas Deere and Horse and LilysDad have said thanks

#11 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• Member No: 6171
  • 280 Thanks
  • 403 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 08:43 PM

Hows that Hank Williams junior song go, I got a shotgun,rifle and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive.

Edited by Kyocum, October 11, 2012 - 08:43 PM.

• RoosterLew and Team_Green have said thanks

#12 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 11:51 PM

" ...as those scumbags left will suffer greatly once the self sufficient are gone and they have nobody to steal from. A slow & agonizing death by starvation."

Maybe...! But, just so's we don't get all up and mighty about where WE are today in the history chain of events... Those same "scumbag-like folks" in times gone by were called, Mongols, Goths, Visigoths, Vikings and about 50 plus other different handles... The mind boggles at all the scumbag types that have gone before wrecking "civilization" and pillaging maidens' honest virtures. The "good people" quickly ran out of pitchforks and torches and fell to "The Mighty Scumbag Hordes". After each and every one of those onslaughts a "New And Brighter Future" was born out of it. Politics (and pillaging) is a dirty human business, it's all there in the history books! Next time you meet a Viking warrior who ate your plow horse and burned the thatch off your roof thank him for Western Europe's society (in a round about way of course!).:D

#13 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,417 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 03:33 AM

Don't need to go back that far Harold lol they were also called pilgrims, or " the white man" ..

#14 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 05:42 AM

I don't think it will be in December. National disasters are a big possibilities. Looters are even worse.

Sent from my HTC One X

#15 grnspot110 OFFLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 06:14 AM

I recall when 12/21/12 was instead; 12/12/12, just a few years ago! I I won't even have time to get my first SS payment by then. :mad2:

As for when the "total collapse" happens, I'm another "old farm boy" who is probably better prepared than most. And I'm not going to worry about it until the time comes! ~~ Lowell