Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Selling Out?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 11:21 AM

Troy have you looked at some to these utility buildings at Home depot or some of those lot's (we have quite a few around here)? Around here they will build you a custom utility building. Also if you do move you could take it with you.
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#47 Littledeere ONLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 11:34 AM

Troy it's good to hear that you will save the collection, wish I was closer to you that would give more options.Now lets focus on options now this is just an idea but truck boxes are good storage a 45 ft tailer will store around 16 tractors if just 2 of them are RF or something smaller and also you can build some shelves in them above the tractors.No there not all that pretty setting in your back yard but for temp space they work good and win your done you sell it to the next guy.They are off the ground it's makes it challenging to get them in and out but the idea is storage and you would still have 10 out to keep you some to work on.

And also I have never met your wife but I'm likeing her more all the time

#48 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 11:55 AM

Troy, I am glad you and your wife decided the collection will stay! In the end all will be much happier when said and done! :smiley-score010:

Geno

#49 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 12:42 PM

Kathy and I talked about all of this again last night, and we came to an agreement, that we would not buy a place if there isn't enough room for the collection. She won't let me sell the collection, as she even stated that I just wouldn't be the same person without them. She likes that I have made so many friends through collecting these tractors, and how important it is for me to be able to help out others in need whether it be with parts, knowledge, or just opinions.
Take Care,
Troy

The most priceless thing you have is Kathy! My Teresa is supportive like your Kathy is, and they make all the difference in our lives in nothing but a positive way. If I were still with my ex wife, I'd have nothing. It is so wonderful having wives who understand us, and let us be who we are. Enjoy that green collection wherever they are stored! I think I'm gonna go hug my wife now! :D
  • Texas Deere and Horse, Sparky, johndeereelfman and 1 other said thanks

#50 markdombroski OFFLINE  

markdombroski

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6157
  • 196 Thanks
  • 432 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 05:45 PM

Troy, just caught up reading this forum post and was sweating for you. As a believer in Christ, I admire that you were willing to let the tractors go. It is easy to get too attached to the stuff and junk we acquire in our lives.

However, I am glad that you have an opportunity to keep them now as they do bring joy to your family and can be part of your legacy and children's inheritance.

Being new to the hobby, I have gone a bit tractor crazy and have acquired 20+ tractors over the past year. Most of the collection still needs repair and restoration. However, I have pretty much funded the hobby through buying, fixing, and selling and my hobby is not funded by my regular income, but through careful and strategic buying and selling on Craigslist and Ebay.

I hope that your tractor hobby can also be a source of income and become a financial positive as you have a financial need.

- Mark

#51 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted October 15, 2012 - 08:37 AM

Troy, your wife sounds like a great lady and very supportive. It also seems that you have spent a lot of of time and valuable time with your son in this hobby [Time well spent] I sold two of my GT's one time and i think about them everyday wishing i had them back. I too have a great wife of 27 years who alway's supports me in anything, but i needed a hobby because i had a really bad problem with anger, and this GT addiction and GTtalk has helped me be just where i want to be. As far as making money off it i coulden't care less. People have to do what they have to do, but i hope you can hang on to your GT's
  • johndeereelfman and Newpaws493 have said thanks