#16 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,301 Thanks
  • 2,335 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 12:14 AM

I got my Blower on and blew a tire out the other day.The whole side wall split out and shredded the inner tube.I had a couple hours today to work on getting the front tires swapped.I got these from the scrap year about a month ago.Still need to go get another tube but 1 is mounted and the other is ready for Inner tube installation.This is the left side front tire.I have the right side tire on the tractor but it's to dark outside for Pics.

Here's the tires that I picked up.They are off of a newer rear tine tiller and they look AWESOME with the AGs in back and matching AGs in the front.

I'll post more pics when I have time but wow they're beefy looking.I'm waiting on a set of rear hubs that I ordered from Joes Outdoor Power.What a great guy Joe is.

I'm working all the kinks and buggs out of my Fourteen Hundred before I clean it up and paint it but I really like this tractor so far.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0061.JPG

Edited by EricFromPa, January 14, 2013 - 12:17 AM.

#17 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,301 Thanks
  • 2,335 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 02:17 PM

Here we go I got a couple Pics.My camera decided to take pretty good Pics to for once.lol

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0062.JPG
  • IMAG0063.JPG
  • IMAG0064.JPG

• sacsr said thank you

#18 pwombles OFFLINE  

pwombles

• Member No: 7101
  • 200 Thanks
  • 220 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 10:22 PM

DSCF5282.JPG DSCF5285.JPG DSCF5283.JPG mine is a close cousin to yours! mine is 10 hp instead of the fifteen that it says on the hood. It is definitely a heavy beast. The briggs numbers will tell you the year. mine had intermittent spark, so I changed the coil, and cleaned out a mouse hotel, and with a new set of points, it runs great. your hitch is different than mine. yours must be older, mine is a 1972. anyway, good to see another yellow wizard!

• EricFromPa said thank you

#19 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,301 Thanks
  • 2,335 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 07:56 PM

Nice looking Wizard ya got there.I see yours has Electric lift,3 lug front hubs,cat 0 3 point and 2 separate brake/clutch pedals.

Mine has Narrow 4.80x8 front rims,manual lift,Sleeve hitch and only 1 pedal for both the clutch and brake. I have no idea if mine is older but Once I get the tag on the engine cleaned up enough to read I'll look it up.

I'm wondering how much they weigh.I know that it's Alot heavier than my Cub Cadet 149.

Edited by EricFromPa, January 19, 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#20 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 10:39 PM

I want one of those big arched belt guards for mine!   Any parts guys for these out there?  I'm trying to decide what color to paint my sheet metal. Was a red farm king.  Kinda looking at a lighter color. OR, like the real dark green more like Oliver than deere.  I have many Molines, kinda tired of yellow.  Wonder what a silver one or part silver and red would look like?  Brown? maybe lighter, more like a leather shade of brown?  Right tan then too?  What you think?  I bought a White version which is silver and grey, so should really pick dif color for this one.

#21 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,301 Thanks
  • 2,335 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 01:20 PM

I'm painting mine Alis Chalmers orange with black headlight panel.I seen a Ford blue painted one and really liked it but there are WAY to many custom painted blue GTs going around.

I really like the Green and black,Silver and Red 990s.They are Sharp looking.

Here's an awesome cub cadet/Fourteen Hundred Mutt painted Ford Blue.Love the sound of a healthy Kohler with a cam.I wish some one would offer reground Performance Briggs cams.

Here's an Alis Chalmers orange one.Looks pretty sharp but I think he painted it with a paint roller.

Wonder what Plum Crazy purple would look like on a 990?

Edited by EricFromPa, January 21, 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#22 pwombles OFFLINE  

pwombles

• 200 Thanks
  • 220 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 08:24 AM

im kind of partial to the black and yellow combo on mine. like to keep them original myself!

#23 pwombles OFFLINE  

pwombles

• 200 Thanks
  • 220 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 08:26 AM

Although, If i ever restore it, I will probably tweak the yellow a bit to my liking!

#24 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 04:54 PM

Nice looking Wizard ya got there.I see yours has Electric lift,3 lug front hubs,cat 0 3 point and 2 separate brake/clutch pedals.

Mine has Narrow 4.80x8 front rims,manual lift,Sleeve hitch and only 1 pedal for both the clutch and brake. I have no idea if mine is older but Once I get the tag on the engine cleaned up enough to read I'll look it up.

I'm wondering how much they weigh.I know that it's Alot heavier than my Cub Cadet 149.

If yours has clutch/ brake together, than it is probably a 72' or earlier, in around 73 they went to the 2 pedals, Also the early clutches had 3/8 belts and the later ones had 1/2 belts.

Grumpy, since your a Moline fan, a friend of mine painted his 960 , early praire gold, chassis choclate brown, put red moline decals on it, he says it reminds him of a GVI . It made a very different looking pulling tractor.

As for the belt guards, you can have someone roll one ,but the originals have beads in the centers for strength, one of these days i'll take one off one of my tractors and have some made, I need some for a gt1600 and gt1050 resto.

#25 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 05:25 PM

I have a GT14 wheelhorse that is yellow and brown belly now. Not finished yet, still need rear wheels painted and decals. Has the kinda squarish MM hood look.

Attached Thumbnails

• GT Build progress 001.jpg
  • GT Build progress 002.jpg

• EricFromPa and KennyP have said thanks

#26 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 05:39 PM

That's looking pretty good, GL!

#27 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,301 Thanks
  • 2,335 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:38 AM

If yours has clutch/ brake together, than it is probably a 72' or earlier, in around 73 they went to the 2 pedals, Also the early clutches had 3/8 belts and the later ones had 1/2 belts.

Grumpy, since your a Moline fan, a friend of mine painted his 960 , early praire gold, chassis choclate brown, put red moline decals on it, he says it reminds him of a GVI . It made a very different looking pulling tractor.

As for the belt guards, you can have someone roll one ,but the originals have beads in the centers for strength, one of these days i'll take one off one of my tractors and have some made, I need some for a gt1600 and gt1050 resto.

It has a single 1/2" x 57" drive belt and 2 3/8" PTO belts.

I'm having a heck of a time tracking down 2 new Kevlar reinforced 3/8" PTO belts.My manuals do not specify the length that I need.Both of my PTO belts are in very poor condition.They are both dry rotted and cracked and stretched.Looks like some one replaced them with car alternator belts a long time ago.

That GT14 is cool looking.The grill from the side looks like a Cub Cadet 100 and the fenders and big 15" tires resemble the MTD 990.I really like the MM paint scheme,it's going to be 1 sharp looking GT when you get her completed.

I'm thinking a nice leaf green metallic with semi gloss white or light cream engine and headlight panel would look really good.I like the older Oliver green from the late 50s and 60s to.

I still miss my old Oliver but she was getting pretty rough and very temperamental starting in the cold seasons. 

Edited by EricFromPa, January 25, 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#28 achomesteader OFFLINE  

achomesteader

GT Fanatic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8128
  • 867 Thanks
  • 2,231 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 07:24 AM

It has a single 1/2" x 57" drive belt and 2 3/8" PTO belts.

I'm having a heck of a time tracking down 2 new Kevlar reinforced 3/8" PTO belts.My manuals do not specify the length that I need. 

If I'm not mistaken, the PTO belts you'll need are 3V335 belts. They're 33 1/2" long. I don't think you'll find them with Kevlar.

#29 Canawler ONLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 01:42 PM

I have a pics of that one I believe.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_1149.JPG
  • CIMG0207.jpg

• HALFSCALE said thank you

#30 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,301 Thanks
  • 2,335 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 05:19 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the PTO belts you'll need are 3V335 belts. They're 33 1/2" long. I don't think you'll find them with Kevlar.

Oh cool Thanks alot.

I found 3v335 belts for $2.91 each I can get 3 sets for $17.46 That's crazy cheap. On a side note Shipping for 6 belts is $14.66

http://www.vbeltsupp...s/3v/3v335.html

Gates has a Super HC power train 3v335 belt that looks like will last a few years.They're $7-$12 each plus shipping.I'm going to try looking at Autozone and Napa.Shipping is almost Double the price of the Belts in most cases.