#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:31 AM

Not sure where to put this, but coming home from the Meet and Greet show near Warsaw, In were some feilds that looke like had brand new corn growing in them. But, at same time looked fresh plowed. Rows were real neat and nice black dirt, but little corn plants about 8" tall growing in whole field. SO, what's that about? Did someone try to replant corn and it didn't take in dry weather and NOW starts growing since we've had some rains?? Or would farmer plant that just to plow under for enrichment?? Sure seemed weird.

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,695 Thanks
  • 8,888 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:17 AM

It might of been sorghum, I can't imagine planting corn late, it's way to expensive to plow under.
Posted Image

#3 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 08:44 AM

Local farmer planted sorghum here in one of his fields in July. I thought it was corn at first, until the head started developing. It never got all that tall, around 2 feet, and I saw he had just harvested some this week.

#4 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,446 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 09:18 AM

I was thinking sorghum too , I plant that for mulch in the garden and now have winter wheat growing in that spot .Thought it wasn't able to grow when it got cold . If so I might have been able to let mine grow for a few more weeks , Al