Each month we will start a new a new thread for members that would like to have their tractor featured on the Tractor of The Month. We will allow members one week to nominate another members tractor or their own. At the end of the week we will close that months thread and start a new one for members to vote on which tractor they would like to see featured.
Please remember it isn't about how shiny or clean it may be but the love and interest the member has in his or her tractor(s) and possibly how different it may be. And the tractor is to be a functional, running, drivable tractor.
A member cannot nominate his or her tractor if they have won Featured Tractor of the Month within the last 12 months. Also once a tractor that has previously won Featured Tractor of the Month is not eligible for nomination thereafter, this does not mean that the owner cannot nominate a different tractor as long as it has been 12 months past their last win.
All tractors that were ever featured will always be accessible by going to the Featured Tractors section on the home page.
To submit a tractor you must post your submission in the thread for the upcoming month and it must include the following things:
- At least two good high resolution pictures of the tractor (Uploaded to Site, NOT linked to a photo hosting site)
- The Year Make and Model
- At least a two paragraph description to let us know how long you have had it, when you acquired it, how often you use it, etc....
- You cannot nominate a tractor if you have won tractor of the month within the last 12 months.
The submissions are going to be a first come first serve basis and the cutoff limit is going to be 5 for the first couple of months and we will extend this up to 10 submissions as the need arises.
After we have enough submissions to the cutoff limit we will close that current thread and open a new one and have all the submissions listed to be voted on, only voting will be allowed in the poll thread. At the end who ever has the most votes that tractor will be the next featured tractor for the corresponding month on GTtalk's front page.
Our monthly themes:
- January: Decorated For Christmas
- February: Best Original / Survivor Month (Your garden tractor in original condition and never touched other than normal mechanical maintenance)
- March: Open
- April: Before and After (Your garden tractor before and after a restoration with no modifications.)
- May: Modified / Custom Garden Tractor
- June: Open
- July: "Lawn-motoring" Lawn mowing gear
- August: Implements (Your favorite implement)
- September: Open
- October: Ugly Tractor
- November: Open
- December: Open
In the event of a tie. The person that nominated their tractor first will be declared the winner.
We have revised the themes for Featured Tractor of the Month. We are going with 8 themed months and 4 open months. We are going to do a two theme one open schedule. The open months are pretty much anything goes for tractor nominations and don't have to fit any specific theme.
Updated rules to reflect a couple of changes.
Added tie breaker information.