• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted December 18, 2012 - 05:58 AM

Just thought I would throw that out there. Might want to get a new set to keep on hand. Then, if you have to get in there, I'd put the new set in, get them adjusted right, then put the PTO shaft back on. I had to do new bearings for my shaft, so I had the tractor running for a while before the shaft went in.
Best of luck with the new tractor!

#32 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 18, 2012 - 06:09 AM

That's a beauty! It's generally difficult to find any low hours tractors of any brand in this area. Most of the stuff that gets to kijiji is either beat or way over priced.

#33 IslandFordguy OFFLINE  

IslandFordguy
  • Member No: 10884
  • 19 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted December 18, 2012 - 01:35 PM

There was a couple in Stewiacke lately but I felt that for $1500 just for the mower and the deck it was a lot. they were a little rough. I have a lot less than that into mine including bagger, blade, deck, tiller and 3 pt hitch arms. This one was on craigslist last spring for 1400 us. I waited until he took less than half. My brother in law will use it to do his driveway for the winter and I'll go for a family trip in the spring and pick it up.

Thanks Kenny, I think I'll pick some up and have them on hand. That's a good idea.

#34 IslandFordguy OFFLINE  

IslandFordguy
  • Member No: 10884
  • 19 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 08:44 PM

Finally had a chance to try out the new to me Ford. It's a 75. I  went down to where it's stored at my sister's in Boston for a few days. Tractor runs excellent! Gotta get a couple of new seat pan mounts from McMaster-Carr if someone has a part number. I found that the hydro seemed really noisy in high range. What will cause that? How do I fix it? I'm going to go over everything once I get it home in a couple of weeks.

#35 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 05:28 AM

My seat pan mounts were broken too. I couldn't find an exact match. So, I used west system two part epoxy. Seems to be working good. They were broken off clean and the epoxy filled any gaps that were there after I wire bushed the metal with my drill.

Joe