• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 05, 2010 - 03:32 PM

Interesting vids, is that trailer counter weighted? seems to go over the point of ballance but stays glued to the ground.

If you look close you may be able to see the counterweight box between the wagon's right side wheels. Figure there's at least 1,000lb, maybe 1500lbs of counterweight. Still looks like it's not enough counter to keep it from flipping, but it's good. If you dump fast enough, you can get the wheels to bob off the ground.
Just wrapped things up for today. Finished the 1st field & 3 rounds off the next one. All went smooth today. Looks like no day off for me for 2 weeks. Only get one day of a week, & it'll take Saturday to finish this pit. Was to be my day off, but I'll have to wait till Sunday next weekend now. Sure don't care to fiddle with my garden tractors....just too tired, and just too hot! My left knee is telling me quite loudly that it's not feeling so good. Too much time driving a tractor always flares my left knee. It'll feel ok in a while....I hope.
Still have to spend some time packing the pit this evening, but it's not so bad.
My youngest child, Kaylin turned 15 today, so having some Birthday Ice Cream Cake later on. That'll make my knee all better!:bigrofl:

#17 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted August 05, 2010 - 04:03 PM

Dan.....my dad used to tell me that back on the farm in Germany, they used to drain off the liquid off the bottom of the corn silos.........was pretty potent.......Got a tap on the bottom of yours?....lol

#18 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted August 05, 2010 - 09:18 PM

DAN
Thanks for the joy.
Love the vid.