Wheel Weight

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Salatino ONLINE  

• Member No: 1100
  • 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 02:37 PM

Went to the Brookville steam show last week and was lookin around for a set of wheel weights. I asked a guy if he had any and he told me he had 1 . He told me to come take a look at it and see if I could use it, long story short its only 1,kinda like buyin 1 shoe.Just doesnt work, He told me he would make me a real good deal,ten bucks. After I walked around for a min I thought about it and I went back and gave him the money.Every once in a great while I see 1 on cl or ebay 4 sale,even if I gotta pay 40-50 bucks for 1 I still got a set at a good price.When I went back to pick it up on my way out ,another buddy of mine that met me up there ended up knowin the guys brother or dad who ever it was,they dont live to far from me/him so theres a good chance I might be able to pick another one up from him sometime in the future. Honestly didnt want to buy just 1 but for $10 really cant say no. what would you guys have done? Maybe next year he will bring the other one! lol

#2 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,461 Thanks
  • 2,527 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 03:18 PM

One is better than none. Hang it in the middle, on the back of the tractor. It might not be as much weight as two, but it will still give you more than what you had origianlly, right? You have to think positive, and make do with what you have, the best you can. Another weight will come along. Keep your chin up and don't get discouraged.

#3 Cat385B OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,342 Thanks
  • 8,688 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 03:25 PM

For 10 bucks I would of bought it. And carried it around all day.

#4 oldtimer OFFLINE  

• Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 03:49 PM

$10 well spent.

#5 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,418 Thanks
  • 4,614 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 04:14 PM

Ah yes, the Franklin County Antique Machinery Club show. Danged nice show and a friendly bunch. A lot of them were customers of mine when I was running Shandon Iron & Steel.

I took our fork lift there for two years. I know...a forklift at a tractor show? Well, it was a bit 'different' as it started life as a 1954 International I-4. That's basically the industrial version of the Farmall H.

Here's some pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• i4-02a.jpg
  • i4-01a.jpg

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,694 Thanks
  • 28,341 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 04:24 PM

Yes, I would've bought it. The mate for it is out there, just "weight"ing to be found.
  • JDBrian said thank you

#7 Salatino ONLINE  

• Member No: 1100
  • 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 04:39 PM

oldbuzzard...thats a neat lookin forklift! thats the first time I been there , it was a good time,not to far of a drive. I think they have somthing coming up in the fall.I know next year I will def. make plans to make it to the sswap meet. I went on Sinday,got there a lil after ten.

johndeereman....yeah 1 is better then zero. I've learned to be patient when it comes to somthing I want or need. I'm gonna put it up in the attic untill I find another or a set at a good price. My cc100 came with a snowplow when I bought it,after a few months sittin in the garage I decided to take it off and put it in the shed outback,I thought about puttin it on another cub to play around with in the winter but never got around to it.I really dont have that big of a driveway that I would need it,but it would be somthing fun to do.,so as far as needin the weights,i really dont need them. I think I just want them , lol

mh81..oh yeah,theres one out therewith my name on it,just gotta look a lil harder.

• Member No: 10038
  • 4,676 Thanks
  • 4,224 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 07:01 PM

Yep, $10 for a single wheel weight is a good deal!
Like you said, you can pay a little more for the second one and even out the deal on a pair.