• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,713 Thanks
  • 863 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 08:25 PM

Good day all, once again i am in the dog house for bringing home another tractor, which is not so bad because my wife leaves me alone with my tractors ha ha ha!!! i really enjoy gttalk and have found many very generous fellows here, going the extra mile with their advice, knowledge, and words of incouragement. thank you all, if it was not for this site i would not be tinkering with my tractors as i know no one around here with the gt bug, i am sure there is a medical term for it ha ha ha!!! thanks to you i have my plow tractor almost ready and am now thinking about a puller i like wheel horse tractors do they make good pullers, hydro or belt, i have a 414-8 i could play with or should i look for something else, i want to run stock, ok i am lying, my daughter is going to go to univeristy next year and i have to keep cost down but still want to be involved, any advice (and cash for univeristy ha ha ha ) would be helpfull thanks farmer john

#2 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11127
  • 1,325 Thanks
  • 1,509 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 09:04 PM

Well if your interested in pulling find a local club and get a set of rules is the first thing so you know what you can and cant do. Then go from there. Wheel horses work good. I mainly run cubs but there far from stock lol :thumbs: I did run a old sears custom 10xl without a locked rearend and it did very well. So its mainly preference. Cubs are a good contender once you put a little money into it.

#3 Guest_rat88_*

• Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 04, 2012 - 09:12 PM

I have always wanted to get into gt pulling, but have never wanted to invest that much money into the hobby. I cant find any backyard bashers around and the only pulls I have seen were at the county or state fair. Just from the outside looking in, it looks like the guy with the most money wins.
I tried to start a monthly tug of war, draw bar to draw bar pull off kind of thing. I hooked up my gilson h16 with weight bar and 26x12x12 trupowers to the ford 195 and drug it around like it wasnt even there. Everyone packed up and went home and never came back.
I have a small weight transfer sled worked out on paper using a Tennant 240 sweeper. (turning the wheel motor into a pump to lift the front wheels with a cylinder) but no one has shown any interest to warrant any time or money put out on my part.

#4 RoosterLew OFFLINE  

• Member No: 9848
  • 82 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 09:21 PM

I have seen some excellent Wheel Horse Pullers. Though the cubs are by far the most popular, your Horse can do just fine in stock class pulling.

I do not pull, have wanted to for a long time but have not as of yet. I simply have researched the heck out of it.