Garden Tractor Forums banner

Brought Home A Dog Today

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  MadAtGrass 
#1 ·
This morning I answered an ad on CL for a dump trailer. When the gal called she has some other stuff for sale and we agreed to meet at 5pm. SO I trundled up there and took a peek. SHe had the dump trailer ( no idea the brand) a 50 gallon water tank, 2 work benches, and a huge rubber mat listed on CL. After looking around the building there was a newish Husquvarna tractor with 1/4 inch of dust on it. I asked her about it and she said her ex husband left it and it has to go. He has taken some parts off of it for another on he had. I asked her the price and she said $25. Has brand new tires and a perfect seat. SO I offered her $150 for the tractor, cart, tank, mat, and bagger for the tractor. Loaded it up and brought it home. Unfortunately I had only enough time to cover it up to keep the rain off of the open engine and no time for pictures. The bagger has no bags the cover is off teh engine and that is all I know about it at this point other than it is a vtwin briggs. I couldn't find any numbers on it. Will try to post pics tomorrow. IF I can get it running it may replace the Poulan Hemorrhoid or at least help it rest up some.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
OK on to pictures of the Dawg (it is a Husqi)

Heath couldn't wait to try it out.

Turned teh key and it actually turned over even with the nearly dead battery. It is missing a couple of plastic pieces off the engine and the bolts for the hood. I am hoping it will actually start after I get the battery charged.

And the rest of my haul.

Big rubber mat

Part of a bagger for the Dawg

Trailer and tank.

#12 ·
Nice looking dog. Hopefully it works out for you. Nice bunch of stuff for not so much investment, especially the dog.

#14 ·
I think you got a good score. The Husqvarna looks to be in good shape other then being dusty and the couple of plastic covers you are missing. Congrats on the new to you stuff.

#17 ·
It was probably just passing gas!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.