Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Whats Your Prized Possession In Your Bolens Collection?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,441 Thanks
  • 17,085 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 02:48 PM

I'm sure there's more out there :D

#32 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,398 Thanks
  • 4,609 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 04:23 PM

OK, since I'm made a 'couple' of purchases since I first posted, I guess Ill have to update.

I gotta say:

G11, rarest of the Tube Frames

HDT1000, was supposed to be for export only
1886 Forklift, possibly one of a kind

• boyscout862 said thank you

#33 MichBolens OFFLINE  

• Member No: 5427
  • 32 Thanks
  • 92 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 07:56 PM

I'm gonna have to go with my 1250 with a hard cab. :-) can't wait for spring to tear into it!

#34 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 03:21 PM

1256D :P might become my second favorite my first will Always be my H14 with power steering and a upgraded engine :) 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0107.JPG
  • IMG_0099.JPG

Edited by 8tyman8, January 22, 2013 - 03:23 PM.

#35 Nascar3244888 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1218
  • 163 Thanks
  • 593 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 03:50 PM

1st:  Was A Tie Between My First Bolens Which Was a 1050, Which I Still Have, and My G11

1050.JPG 78 Bolens G11.jpg

2nd: Was For My ST160 Hydro Which is Such a Easy Turning and Comfortable Tractor To Use, It Truly Is A Pleasure To Use and Operate, Im Not Even Sure Anyone On Here Has Seen It Before, Its A Recent Addition

3rd:  Goes To The One That Always Seems To Have Another Thing Go Wrong With It After I Just Get Done Fixing Another Problem It Had...The 800

• Bolens 1000, boyscout862 and wurzel have said thanks

#36 powerstroker00 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8405
  • 660 Thanks
  • 328 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:06 PM

• Bolens 1000 and kwj427 have said thanks

#37 kwj427 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 389
  • 56 Thanks
  • 136 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 02:21 PM

hi ,

mine is my 1250 with the johnson forklift. mine is pretty rough though.

Attached Thumbnails

• gallery_389_405_87679.jpg
  • gallery_389_405_15393.jpg
  • gallery_389_405_75904.jpg

• Bolens 1000, boyscout862, jdnut and 1 other said thanks

#38 wilberj ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,125 Thanks
  • 5,157 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 04:55 PM

hi ,

mine is my 1250 with the johnson forklift. mine is pretty rough though.

Get her going yet?

#39 kwj427 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 389
  • 56 Thanks
  • 136 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 12:41 PM

hi wilberg,

it still isin mn at a friend of mines. i hope to get it this fall.

#40 TractorGuy1994 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 39291
  • 259 Thanks
  • 165 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 12:49 PM

If i can ever find a Decent Bolens here in NC Id like a 1050 800 Husky an a Ride-Master

Great Looking tractor's fella's :thumbs:

#41 antiquetractors OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6720
  • 279 Thanks
  • 506 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 01:46 AM

Might as well revive this thread. I will add to it next week.

My number 1 is my ride a matic

Number two is my power pak, an original motor is on its way from Canada and will be here this week.

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#42 Kfs35 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 22474
  • 395 Thanks
  • 410 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 08:10 AM

Mine is my 58 Rideamatic.

I've had it since I was 10 or 12 (about 25 years now that I think about it). My grandfather bought it new (I think). I have a single bottom plow, disc, and cultivator for it. I'm hoping to do a full restoration this winter.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• boyscout862 and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#43 nglauer OFFLINE  

• Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 11:09 PM

I don't really have any pictures to share of my tube frame collection but will list them as follows

1st - My grandfathers HT20. This tractor has a lot of sentimental value to me. I mowed with this tractor more times than I can count over the years. I also drove it every summer when helping put in our garden, and my grandparents. She was unfortunately, yet luckily tucked into the corner of grandpa's garage for the last 15 years awaiting the day that someone would awake her. Grandpa in his older age had changed the oil and overfilled it - literally to the point of flowing out of the dipstick. He always maintained things very well, but as he got older his memory started to fail. I vividly remember the last day he drove it. He had just pulled it out of the garage -  and bam.. it started to spit oil and smoke.. so he parked it. He was to proud to have someone work on his own stuff, so he ran to TSC and bought a disposable lawn tractor. He justified it because he was no longer able to maintain a garden, or mow the acreage like he had in the past. Pap passed away about 1 year to this date, and I have recently started helping Dad get the estate together. I instantly took claim to the tractor since i'm the only one with ties to it (beyond Dad). I knew I could get it running - and with its help I could take some pressure and strain off of Dad (as we have around 6 acres to currently maintain on my grandparents property. It made me feel really good inside knowing that pap was probably looking down on me while I pulled it out of the garage and took it apart to inspect what damage had occurred.. if any. To my delight.. it required nothing more than a quick cleaning of the heads, a carb adjustment, and a flush of the fluids (although they looked new. He had literally flushed everything the same day he parked it. Once I ran through everything she fired up and has since been helping me mow my grandparents property, and my own. It has also doubled duty as a chicken coop puller and will be helping put in a garden this coming year. Before it's "retirement" this tractor regularly plowed 3 large gardens, and a large potato patch. I would estimate the size of these combined areas as being around 3 football fields - It also mowed a much larger area (6-7 acres at one point) than it does now (as much of what grandpa mowed ended with this tractor nearly 15 years ago). although it has higher hours (1800 I believe). This tractor has the factory 3 point hitch, Brinley Plow, Cultivator, and Disk. It also has a single stage snow blower, manual blade, roller, 54" deck mower, rear mount garden sprayer and a haban sickle bar mower. 

2nd - My HT23. This tractor is in the process of being restored, kinda lol. I have the motor out right now and will be painting the fenders and hood this winter. I have purchased all new LED lights for the tractor and will be replacing all of the decals with the later model HT23 design. I also purchased a tach, new amp gauge, and have a oil temp/pressure gauge, and trans gauge (if I can figure out how and where to mount them). I have upgraded the front wheels to a 10" with 18x9.50-10 trac master ags. I plan on upgrading the rear tires to match. I also fabricated a complete Stainless Magnaflow exhaust, which sounds really good on the K582.( I don't plan on keeping this original or stock -don't judge lol -  just rest easy knowing i'm keeping the HT20 all original). This tractor has a refurbished 54" mower deck, front hydraulic angle plow, and a rear tiller attachment. 

3rd is a tie - I grew up mowing on my Dad's 1050, however we have a rocky past. The reason is.. this tractor went all "Christine" on me when i was around 3-4 years old. Dad had our garden cart (which is literally an oversized, overweight, road worthy trailer) in the front lawn gathering sticks out of the yard. He had piled the sticks onto the trailer and walked to the other side of the yard to grab a few more. I however.. seized the opportunity to jump aboard the tractor (what little kid wouldn't?) when he wasn't watching. Unfortunately.. I knocked it into gear.. fell off of it.. and found out that my little legs were no match for the weight of the 1050 and a loaded trailer. SOOOO this is where the love hate relationship goes. I spent months in a half body cast as a kid with my right leg broken in multiple places - due to my own stupidity (but hey.. I was a kid). When I got older and was actually "allowed" back on the tractor.. dad taught me how to drive it. I mowed the yard, pushed snow, pulled the death cart, and even rode it like a go-kart for many years... until one day *roughly around 1994.. the rod flew through the side of the engine case while I was mowing. This little tractor had a long life. It dug the craw space to my parents house.. helped pull all the timber they cut when clearing their property back in the 70's, the sickle bar attachment and blade helped Dad clear brush, and the dump cart attachment hauled cement when they built their foundation. It is currently awaiting it's revival along with the 900 that also helped my grandfather accomplish similar projects. Both tractors are stored in our barn along with an 850.. or maybe its an 800.. can't remember. The shared tube frame attachments include 2 dozer blades, 1 snow blower, 3 tillers, sicklebar mower, 2 dump attachments, 1 front mount blower (don't know much about it - possibly something grandpa made?) 2 sleeve hitches, 1 plow, and 4 mower decks. All three of these tractors hold sentimental value because they came from my Great Grandparents Ford Tractor/Bolens Dealership. No picture of the tube frames.. but here is one of the dump carts lol.

Sorry for the long post.. i get rather winded when I type lol. 

Thanks for looking.. and I will make sure to post some better pictures sometime. 

Edited by nglauer, September 29, 2013 - 11:35 PM.

• Newpaws493 said thank you