4 replies to this topic

#1 mixedbreed96 OFFLINE  

mixedbreed96

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7095
  • 11 Thanks
  • 167 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 07:15 PM

Im looking for a picture of how the shaft on the blower hooks to the pto, ive tried several times to hook it up with no luck, any help is appreciated! thank you!

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 07:38 PM

Hope this helps

Attached Thumbnails

• bolens snow caster 004.JPG

• mixedbreed96 said thank you

#3 mixedbreed96 OFFLINE  

mixedbreed96

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7095
  • 11 Thanks
  • 167 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 09:48 PM

Hope this helps

That helps lots! only issue im running into is it seems the shaft is too short to reach the pto shaft when lowered, PO said he had it on as it is but i cant figure it out

#4 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 04:21 AM

Can you take some pics of your assembly?

#5 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 06:56 AM

Only issue im running into is it seems the shaft is too short to reach the pto shaft when lowered.

Well, the PTO shaft part that mounts onto the blower is supposed to slide and and out of the U-Joint that mounts to the front of the PTO jack shaft so that it adjusts and won't bind when moving the blower up and down. IDK why, but is yours maybe a bit too short for some reason? I know it sounds stupid too, but you have the U-Joint slid onto the front of the PTO jack shaft and held in with the pin, right? Could the hole for the pin be drilled too far backwards for some reason? The only other thing I can think of is, since Bruce Dorsi just told me about this one recently, is your PTO jack shaft up all the way? It is adjustable up and down by loosening three mounting bolts on the front axle support and sliding it. Maybe yours is adjusted all the way up and that is making the PTO shaft a bit too short when the blower is all the way down? Can you not even get it together at all or is the PTO shaft just falling out when you lower it all the way? Is the hitch frame assembly mounted to the front of your tractor already? A lot of times the PTO shaft won't go in when the attachment is mounted. (I learned that with my mower deck and had to take it off again to get the PTO shaft into the U-Joint. You have to carefully guide the PTO shaft in while aligning the attachment to actually attach it to the tractor with the clevis pins.)

I agree with Doc Bolens though, some pictures would be helpful!