• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 custom8mm98 OFFLINE  

custom8mm98

• Member No: 30
  • 1 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted August 03, 2010 - 07:50 PM

does anyone happen to know anything about the F510 front mount mower? i have a chance to get one this week for $200, runs and mows, just needs some tlc with the plastic and new rear tire. Gentleman said it runs and mows with a jump, he just upgraded and doesnt have a use for it anymore. i know $200 is a good price, just wondering how the resale is on them. Im a massey guy, not opposed to owning the green and gold, but the others may get pissed setting next to it.

#2 brzezinski01 OFFLINE  

brzezinski01

• Contributor
  • Member No: 632
  • 4 Thanks
  • 73 posts

Posted August 13, 2010 - 04:20 PM

look at www.tractorhouse.com and do an ad search. It should give you somewhat of an idea as to what they are selling for. I personally would buy just because I think they are cool. plus I'm a Deere guy so I'm a little biased

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,611 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 13, 2010 - 08:40 PM

I know nothing much about that model, but I do know the front mowers are really great for mowing. I have an F935 4 wheeled front mower w/diesel. That mower out front is soooo easy to maneuver around things. They are truly a zero turn also.

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,611 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 13, 2010 - 08:41 PM

JOHN DEERE F510, Used JOHN DEERE F510, JOHN DEERE F510 For Sale At TractorHouse.com - Page 1

#5 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted August 13, 2010 - 09:26 PM

I bought an F525 late last summer, really like it! It's just a little bigger version of the F 510 ( 17HP, 48" deck). I gave $1100, which seems about average for good quality F525's. ~~ grnspot110

#6 custom8mm98 OFFLINE  

custom8mm98

• 1 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted August 22, 2010 - 05:09 PM

Ok just got her home today, been hectic these past few weeks as i opened a window fabrication company things have been a nitemare trying to get a job done. anyways, she runs out great, going to have to replace the rear tire as it is dry rotted and doesnt hold any air. Also when you pull the pto knob it dies right off the start, he told me one of his buddies jumped a sensor, when i plug the sensor back into where it should be it wont do anything. so i plugged the jumper wire back into it, starts up just fine, but pull the pto knob and it dies, im really hoping this is not a bad clutch issue, he said it worked fine until his buddy jumped the wires. any ideas? i cant seem to find a service manual to see what sensor it should be plugged into, i will continue the quest to find it. any info would be great.

#7 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted August 22, 2010 - 06:34 PM

Sounds like a safety switch problem! Check the wiring for th pto "neutral safety switch" first.
  • Trav1s said thank you

#8 custom8mm98 OFFLINE  

custom8mm98

• 1 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted August 22, 2010 - 06:48 PM

well the harness he has a jumper wire should be plugged into the switch/sensor that is at the end of the brake pedal. is that the neutral safety switch? i know masseys, dont know alot about deere and all the sensors and switches they have on them. sorry if i ask alot of questions. like i said im hoping its just the switch/sensor and not the clutch.

#9 custom8mm98 OFFLINE  

custom8mm98

• 1 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted August 22, 2010 - 07:44 PM

well guys i figured it out, i jumped every sensor and switch i could find. It turns out its the sensor on the bottom of the seat. jumped it and pulled the pto knob deck kicked right on and worked until the belt broke, so tomorrow i will be replacing all the belts to ensure they are all good and put a new rear tire on it. the only other thing i will need is the rear plastic cover that goes around the whole rear of the mower as its broke at the very rear. im guessing its a $40-60 pc of plastic but if i choose to resell this mower i want it to look good so i cant be dickered down on my price over the cosmetic look of the machine. it has 750 hours on it, with the PA420A 14hp Kawi hour meter works as it should. The gentleman i purchased it from kept all of the service records, it was always serviced at Van Wall equipment here in des moines. (john deere dealer) So outside of the rear tire and the rear plastic its a decent looking machine. i will get some pics on here shortly.

#10 custom8mm98 OFFLINE  

custom8mm98

• 1 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted August 22, 2010 - 07:54 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 swiftwind2004 OFFLINE  

swiftwind2004

• Member No: 1421
  • 5 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted October 23, 2010 - 10:21 AM

I just recently sold my F525 for 900.00 i proubably could have gotten more since there was only 25hr on the rebuild but there was cash in hand and as we all know money talks. so i would say that 200.00 would be an ok price

#12 jpswift1 OFFLINE  

jpswift1
  • Member No: 69996
  • 358 Thanks
  • 343 posts

Posted June 13, 2016 - 12:09 AM

I just picked up a F510 too.  A few years ago I saw one at a gentleman's house where I was making another Craigslist purchase.  I commented that it was a cool little mower when I saw it and he told me to jump on it and try it out.  He said it's a great little mower and he loved it.  Fast forward to this weekend as I'm searching Craigslist and one pops up on the other side of my town and for $100 I couldn't say no.  It's in good mechanical condition, but the left fender is cracked and cobbed up as someone tried to repair it and the hood is gone.  It's been sitting stored inside for the past 5 years so it's not rusty at least.  I hope to have it up and mowing again this weekend............just what I needed, another project (not really), but for $100 I couldn't say no. :D