#16 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,513 Thanks
  • 5,031 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 08:53 PM

You are really​ going to love the hydro lift. I went through the trouble of installing it on a CC129 and have never regretted it for one moment. Makes tilling a real pleasure.
Congratulations on your new purchase.

#17 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 10:21 PM

Jim and I are really getting anxious. I hope we can work this out to where we can all meet up in Ouachita parish so I can make the transfer. I also plan to leave my toolbar spring tooth harrow with Jim because he has a sandy loam that would in my opinion work beautifully. In the meantime I am babying my 3414 hoping that I can make it last til the reinforcements arrive.

#18 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 07:38 PM

Phil; I think Daniel means you will love the tiller on a hydro lift tractor with hydro drive. Full speed on engine and creep along makes a beautiful seedbed in one pass and no aches in the left bicep from lifting tiller.LOL Dave

Well, Dave I do indeed. We got the tractors last weekend in a whirlwind trip up to north Louisiana. We worked late into the evening getting my brothers trailer unloaded and reloaded, and changing oil in my brothers truck so he could make the trip down to Florida Sunday morning. We had fun swapping out tires from my old B112 to the 916h in torrential rain and lightning Sunday morning and loading my rain slick trailer.. The PO threw in an extra engine in addition to the 16 hp engine I purchased and an extra 42" deck which has a good clean shell but is in need of repair. Unfortunately there was not enough room on my trailer for a second mower so I left it at my brothers for safe keeping. Maybe that is for the best because my brother, Jim, needs to scavenge the rock guard that also acts as a stiffener for the discharge chute. Jim's wife jumped on the 716 and immediately took off mowing the front acreage. She stopped only long enough to fill the tank and tell us that she loved it. I did get a chance to run my tractor and tiller in my brothers garden and realized immediately that the weight of the tractor and the hydrostatic transmission are a perfect match for the 36" tiller. When I got it home I decided to make a pass through my garden that the ground has not tiller since last spring. My soil is so heavy I was surprised how well it whipped it up. This is not something that I would do every day but it proved to me that the rig is capable. In the past I have made a point to break heavy soil before tilling and will probably continue that in the future.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Say hello to Clyde.
  • daytime dave said thank you

#19 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hello Clyde. Boy that 916 sure looks good. It did a great job too. Those rear tires are great. Thanks for sharing the photographs.