#1 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted October 01, 2012 - 11:10 PM

My younger brother and I are expecting some new to us tractors sometime in the near future we hope. Mine is the 916h and my brother's is the 716-6 on the rear. Posted Image
They are loaded up and ready to travel but are waiting for my older brother to get time to bring then Down to LA from IN. Included in the deal is a 16 hp Briggs engine, two 42" mowers and a mounted tiller. And the PO threw in a spare engine and extra starter for my brothers Briggs powered tractor.

Edited by skunkhome, October 01, 2012 - 11:16 PM.

• JDBrian said thank you

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 04:12 AM

Those are a couple of fine looking tractors and they are brothers too! That's a nice package deal for both of you!

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,347 Thanks
  • 39,627 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 04:27 AM

Nice looking tractors. Hope you get them home soon!

#4 achomesteader OFFLINE  

achomesteader

GT Fanatic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8128
  • 867 Thanks
  • 2,231 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 04:40 AM

Good to see that the Briggs are going to some folks that can appreciate them Phil. I'm sure Ron was glad to see them go. :smilewink:

Y'all got some nice tractors there! :orangecool:

Edited by achomesteader, October 02, 2012 - 05:04 AM.

#5 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,443 Thanks
  • 6,608 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 05:37 AM

Nice pair that you and your brother are getting , please take some more pictures when you get them home , Al

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 06:53 AM

Bet you guys are like kids on Christmas eve. Congrats & looking forward to the pics when they get home.

#7 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 09:14 AM

Real nice setup!WoW from IN to LA?...holy smokes, What are they...I can see Allis, but what makes em special? Or'd you always want one? I do admit they look neat!

#8 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 11:14 AM

Nice tractors. Enjoy them

#9 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 11:53 AM

Nothing more exciting than bringing a new toy home! Nice load of GT's!

#10 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 03:23 PM

Good to see that the Briggs are going to some folks that can appreciate them Phil. I'm sure Ron was glad to see them go. :smilewink:

Y'all got some nice tractors there! :orangecool:

I think Ron was. He was pretty kind to us and held the tractors for at least two months. He even threw in a starter because he did not like the sound of the one on the tractor when he loaded up the trailer. That, I consider real service especially for an "as is" sale. I think he would have done that anyway but I am sure that the summer drought and economy has cut into his business a good bit. I think things are picking up for him as of late. Ron has always been very patient with me and forgiving of my many inquiries. I wish him a very snowy winter!

Edited by skunkhome, October 02, 2012 - 03:25 PM.

#11 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 03:49 PM

Real nice setup!WoW from IN to LA?...holy smokes, What are they...I can see Allis, but what makes em special? Or'd you always want one? I do admit they look neat!

Well, they are AC's, isnt that enough? Actually, we are kinda nuts. Allis Chalmers fed each us for 18 plus years and over time our blood turned Persian orange.

If I wanted JD or CC the woods are full of the down here but AC and Simplicity garden tractors are scarce in the deep south and practically non existent in Louisiana. To get my first tractor 4-5 years ago I had to drive 1500 miles round trip to Missouri to bring back a Simplicity when what I really wanted was an AC. When I got wind of my older brother coming down to Louisiana to pickup a bush hog rotary mower I asked him if he would mind transporting some garden tractors instead of doing a dead head to Louisiana. I have been lusting for one of Ron's tractors for years but couldn't seem to justify the high costs of transportation. I intend to give my older brother my AC B112 in apprciation, for his efforts.

Edited by skunkhome, October 02, 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#12 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 04:14 PM

Phil, I can't wait for your first post after using that rear tiller! You're gonna love that attachment for dang sure! And your brother's "Briggs powered tractor" Isn't that 716 a Kohler, or does he have another tractor, or yet again, are you speaking of the B112 tractor you're sending home with him?

#13 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 08:23 PM

Well, they are AC's, isnt that enough? Actually, we are kinda nuts. Allis Chalmers fed each us for 18 plus years and over time our blood turned Persian orange.

If I wanted JD or CC the woods are full of the down here but AC and Simplicity garden tractors are scarce in the deep south and practically non existent in Louisiana. To get my first tractor 4-5 years ago I had to drive 1500 miles round trip to Missouri to bring back a Simplicity when what I really wanted was an AC. When I got wind of my older brother coming down to Louisiana to pickup a bush hog rotary mower I asked him if he would mind transporting some garden tractors instead of doing a dead head to Louisiana. I have been lusting for one of Ron's tractors for years but couldn't seem to justify the high costs of transportation. I intend to give my older brother my AC B112 in apprciation, for his efforts.

At first I thought LA was Los Angeles, CA then I thought Louisiana...I knew there was more to this story than a 'GT' but it's still cool...Good Luck

#14 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 01:29 AM

Phil, I can't wait for your first post after using that rear tiller! You're gonna love that attachment for dang sure! And your brother's "Briggs powered tractor" Isn't that 716 a Kohler, or does he have another tractor, or yet again, are you speaking of the B112 tractor you're sending home with him?

Jim's "new" tractor is a 716 with a Briggs. He absolutely did not want a Kohler. Dick, my older brother from Indiana , will be gifted my B112 which is running better than ever just as I am pushing her out the door. I am not new to the rear mounted tiller. We had one on our B1 when I was a kid and it would whip up a seed bed that you would sink ankle deep in. I still like plowing (southern) best.

#15 B10Dave OFFLINE  

B10Dave

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1808
  • 386 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 08:47 PM

Phil; I think Daniel means you will love the tiller on a hydro lift tractor with hydro drive. Full speed on engine and creep along makes a beautiful seedbed in one pass and no aches in the left bicep from lifting tiller.LOL Dave