• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 thirdroc17 OFFLINE  

thirdroc17

• Member No: 1805
  • 36 Thanks
  • 91 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 09:46 AM

And just think, I recently sent some smaller Briggs to the scrap yard. How about one from an 11hp vertical? I'll have to go see what it has on it. Not at all familiar with Briggs ya know, all cast iron Kohler's in my barn. Well.... until I recently added a couple with vertical Briggs.... dang.

#32 Billy M OFFLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 15999
  • 353 Thanks
  • 357 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 02:31 PM

I just saw this thread and really like the breather in the valve cover idea. Does anyone have any pics of their set-up? I have some of the small breathers in my garage.

BTW...The cooling fins on my K361 were probably clogged more than the ones in the pic when I got it. I cleaned the fins, rebuilt the carb, and she runs like a top...minus the oil seals. I think I should buy a lottery ticket after that. I'm going to re-ring it while I'm doing the seals/gaskets. It's in an Ariens GT18.

Billy

#33 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,687 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 02:55 PM

Interesting...... I also picked up a K-361 and am hoping to build it. Valves, seats, that's all repairable stuff. The rockers could be in better shape. In fact, I'm surprised at just how bad of shape the rockers aren't in. For you see, there was an oil leak under the rocker plate, fully half of the fins on the head were solid oil and crud, no air space whatsoever, SOLID crud. This crud extended down the cylinder, cutting off cooling there as well.

Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's the other issue with the K341. Because of that rocker box, they tend to run hot. So, be sure and keep the engine clean.