• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,409 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted October 01, 2012 - 04:47 AM

You guys find all the neat stuff. Like to find one of those 'frame steer' toys!

#17 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted October 01, 2012 - 07:16 AM

Me too!

#18 bolens32 OFFLINE  

bolens32

• Member No: 2137
  • 7 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted October 01, 2012 - 06:18 PM

The one with cab does run but I had to rewire it as the present owner had several wires cut and you had to jump the solenoid to start it and use the kill button on the magneto to shut if off .
I already started getting some things repaired as I would like to use this machine and attachments.
We loaded the running on from the side and used an atv to get the second one to trailer and cumalong to pull it up on. The man had two young men which helded load the heavy attachments
The second one is missing the engine and clutch assy and the steering box is busted so I will keep this one for parts and maybe find parts to fix it up someday
The guy was told that they came from Penn State he said there was three of them.
The story went that a man bought them for scrap but didn't go pick them up right away and the guy he bought them from died and when the guy went to get them the family gave him a hard time and he only ended up with these two.
The guy I got them from sold the engine and clutch out of the second on about a year ago
  • MailmAn said thank you

#19 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted October 01, 2012 - 07:23 PM

Well, thankfully at least he didn't end up totally scrapping them and ended up selling them to you so they can be fixed up and put back to doing what they were built to do! Good find!!

#20 bolens32 OFFLINE  

bolens32

• 7 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 05:53 PM

I want to send a big thank you to framesteer for posting the manuals for this in the manuals section this will be a big help

#21 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 05:58 PM

I want to send a big thank you to framesteer for posting the manuals for this in the manuals section this will be a big help

:ditto:

I also wanted to send a Big THANK YOU! to framesteer for taking the time to upload those GK manuals.

#22 framesteer OFFLINE  

framesteer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11301
  • 330 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 06:00 PM

Yes, I got the manual uploaded, but had to do it with seven files due to the file size limitations for upload. Hopefully the file names are not too confusing. Check out the file with the Table of Contents as a starting place.
  • NUTNDUN, wilberj, Bruce Dorsi and 2 others have said thanks

#23 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 07:19 PM

Yes, I got the manual uploaded, but had to do it with seven files due to the file size limitations for upload. Hopefully the file names are not too confusing. Check out the file with the Table of Contents as a starting place.

I can try and combine them into one file that is smaller in size when I get a chance. Thanks for the contribution to the site.

#24 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 07:48 PM

I was able to combine them into one and reduce the size for the file down to 54 MB. If you guys think it would be better to have only one file or if you would rather have the separate files let me know. Either way is fine with me.
  • Bolens 1000 and MailmAn have said thanks

#25 bolens32 OFFLINE  

bolens32

• 7 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 08:59 PM

George
What does reducing the size of the file do ? Will you still be able to print pages from the manual ?
Maybe if you could get all the gk manuals in one file and attachments in another file

#26 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 09:05 PM

I don't know exactly what it does to the file other then compresses and optimizes it. You can print any pages that you would want to print from the file just like the separate files.

We could keep each attachment separate and then have one for the tractor. Or we can put the full one up there also as an option along with the separate ones.

#27 bolens32 OFFLINE  

bolens32

• 7 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 09:19 PM

What ever you come up with will be good
Thanks