• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joefixit OFFLINE  

joefixit

• Member No: 605
  • 0 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted August 02, 2010 - 10:46 PM

I missed out on a sixties (I think) Economy-Jim Dandy this weekend. It ran and drove but needed a tune up. The guy was asking $450. I played e-mail tag with him for three days trying to set-up a time after seeing his craigslist ad. He would not give me his number or call me. He ended up selling it someone else.

Can't win em all I guess......:wallbanging:

joefixit

#2 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted August 03, 2010 - 04:57 AM

I understand why people are reluctant to put phone # in Craigs List adds but playing e-mail "tag" with someone can be VERY fustrating.
Sorry you missed out on the Jim Dandy, they are nice little tractors. Have you gotten into your PK yet?

Peter

#3 joefixit OFFLINE  

joefixit

• Member No: 605
  • 0 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted August 03, 2010 - 05:23 PM

I ussually follow the rule that if I'm selling something, I put my number in the ad. If I'm giving something away, I do it by e-mail. Even if you don't want to put your number in the ad, send it once some one replies, I even e-mailed my number and he wouldn't call. A days worth of e-mail can be covered in a 5 minute phone conversation....

I haven't gotten too the clutch yet. Last week was our 4-H fair here, so eating greasy fried food and letting the kids play there won over getting anything accomplished. Hopefully sometime this coming weekend. I'll post step by step pictures once its apart. I'm really starting to get an itch to get the PK running, I've got some jobs to do this fall that are pretty tough for the Craftsman. My boys are wanting a ride on it pretty badly too!

joefixit