grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 09:21 PM

We just have to remind all of members that the Plow Day is for all garden tractors. When you are plowing just be considerate of others. Some of us have older machines that go a little slower. We sure don't want to get into a pis==ing  contest between  favorite  brands. We are all are attending this event to enjoy our love of the hobby and enjoy  a  common bond among garden tractor enthusiast. I am looking forward to seeing many of you at PA Plow Days

Edited by grand, April 06, 2013 - 09:31 PM.

• Alc and IHCubGuy have said thanks

#122 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 09:33 PM

We just have to all remember that the Plow Day is for all garden tractors. When you are plowing just be considerate of others. Some of us have older machines that go a little slower. We sure don't want to get into a pis==ing  contest between  favorite  brands. We are all are attending this event to enjoy our love of the hobby and enjoy  a  common bond among garden tractor enthusiast. I am looking forward to seeing many of you at PA Plow Days

You're 100% correct.  We have a JD 318 at home that mom and pop bought new in 87.  I remember the day it was delivered and their old 126 Cub went away.  I got room in my collection for all brands.  In fact I have been wishing to add one or two more to the fleet.   Would like a Case(maybe a 195) and an Allis.  Friend of mine had a nice complete B212 for years that he didnt use but had running back about 5 years ago.  I asked him last fall if he would be interested in selling it but to my disappointment he said he took it to the scrapper.  A real shame as it would have been a VERY easy restoration.

I too am looking forward to seeing you guys again this year.  Save room on your trailer Alan, I got one for you to take back to norhwest Pa with you! :D

#123 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,242 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 09:35 PM

I had to remind my Wife about that... :D
  • IHCubGuy said thank you

#124 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 09:44 PM

I had to remind my Wife about that... :D

LOL!!!!!!!!  You didn't get in trouble did you?

#125 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,242 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 09:46 PM

No more than usual LOL
  • IHCubGuy said thank you

#126 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 09:54 PM

At least fuel prices are dropping a bit just in time for plow day.

$3.26.9 when I filled two five gallon cans this afternoon. Was at least 10 cents more a few days ago.

I'm still up in the air about going, I just checked my Hampton inn points and have enough for one free nights stay. But if I'm coming, I'm staying 2 nights that's for sure.

Edited by NJKen, April 06, 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#127 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 10:49 PM

At least fuel prices are dropping a bit just in time for plow day.

$3.26.9 when I filled two five gallon cans this afternoon. Was at least 10 cents more a few days ago.

I'm still up in the air about going, I just checked my Hampton inn points and have enough for one free nights stay. But if I'm coming, I'm staying 2 nights that's for sure.

We always have a good time rain or shine and you cant beat the bs sessions that go on.

#128 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,242 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 08:51 AM

Sill 3.70 here Ken.... Down .10 from a weeknago.
Feel lucky.

#129 Hugh OFFLINE  

Hugh

• Member No: 1954
  • 155 Thanks
  • 168 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 11:22 AM

Looking forward to meeting you It is really great to learn of members willing to travel such great distances to be a part of the GTTalk  experience.Please make sure that you come to the GTTalk tent and introduce yourself. Also make sure that you sign the banner.

Yeah its about 4 hours each way for me, 600 mile round trip, hoping to do it on 35 gallons of diesel or less. Which, by the way is $4.25 a gallon here Ken. I have an MTF shirt, I need to get some GTT memorabilia too. Ill definitely sign the banner.

• MH81 and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#130 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 11:37 AM

Looking forward to meeting you It is really great to learn of members willing to travel such great distances to be a part of the GTTalk experience.Please make sure that you come to the GTTalk tent and introduce yourself. Also make sure that you sign the banner.

Yeah its about 4 hours each way for me, 600 mile round trip, hoping to do it on 35 gallons of diesel or less. Which, by the way is $4.25 a gallon here Ken. I have an MTF shirt, I need to get some GTT memorabilia too. Ill definitely sign the banner.

$3.59 a gallon here Hugh. Come pick me up on your way !! You can fill up on cheaper fuel. Pa isn't much cheaper then your paying in CT, but it maybe a little. NJ always has the cheaper fuel prices, more so in South Jersey. And we aren't allowed to pump out own gas, it's illegal to do so. Don't seem rite, but it's true. Our petroleum transfer techs don't make much over minimum wage, but it still has to add to the cost.

Your allowed to pump Diesel yourself, just not gas.

Hope to see you Hugh, where are you staying ? Gotta room yet !

#131 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 12:34 PM

I have an MTF shirt, I need to get some GTT memorabilia too. Ill definitely sign the banner.

We will definitely have to work on that :D

#132 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 04:23 PM

We will definitely have to work on that :D

I assume the hats aren't ready yet?

#133 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 04:35 PM

I actually just sent a message to the hat guy this morning and he got back to me about an hour ago. He is going to do his best to have them done by Thursday so I can pick them up on the way home from work. If I get them I will have them with me up at plow day.

• MH81 said thank you

#134 geb63619 OFFLINE  

geb63619
  • Member No: 9917
  • 18 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 07:55 PM

Well if the rain holds off there are three of us planning on the trip we should be there mid afternoon Friday.

Don't worry I'll leave my 24" 3pt plow at home this weekend and just bring my 12" behind my 430 LOL

• Blazer said thank you

#135 Flatbedford OFFLINE  

Flatbedford
  • Member No: 28301
  • 25 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 09:38 AM

If you are coming across I-84 from Ct. Stop at NY exit 1. If you make a left at the end of the ramp and another left after about 100' on Rt 23 South you will be in NJ, land of cheap fuel, in a minute or so. There are 3 or 4 stations along Rt23 right at the state line. You will probably save $.20- $.30 per gallon. I know I'll be stopping there sometime around 9:30 am on Friday.

Edited by Flatbedford, April 09, 2013 - 09:39 AM.