#106 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 06:50 PM

Wow! Am I the only one who's only planning on making it Saturday?

#107 Dane in PA OFFLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • Member No: 9535
  • 512 Thanks
  • 588 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 07:23 PM

I want to be there for the plowing, and the games!

#108 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 07:25 PM

I don't blame you guys at all. I'm just not able to get off work. :-)
  • Dane in PA said thank you

#109 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 07:30 PM

I was going to try and get a room for Thursday night as well and leave from work Thursday. I just couldn't do it that way this year. Just going to leave extra early on Friday morning.

#110 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,325 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 08:07 PM

I think everyone will be there both days. Friday will be a short day anyways by the sounds of it. Who's up for a BS session? LOL

#111 Flatbedford OFFLINE  

Flatbedford
  • Member No: 28301
  • 25 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 08:43 PM

I intend to be there around noon on Friday. Still forecasting 50s and showers, but it is still a week away. 

#112 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 08:47 PM

I think everyone will be there both days. Friday will be a short day anyways by the sounds of it. Who's up for a BS session? LOL

B.S. session sounds like a good idea to me.  I got quite a few people to catch up with from here and from over at the Cub website as well.

#113 Dane in PA OFFLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • 512 Thanks
  • 588 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 08:30 AM

As a common rule, anyone with a larger machine PLEASE plow slower and take smaller cuts.  Its not fun following a JD 430 going 20mph and cutting 2' deep when you are on a little gear drive Sears Custom.  There is more to plowing than going as fast as you can, and throwing the dirt as far as you can.  Its just rude to those that are following you, as you are just making a mess and making plowing less fun for others.  Thanks.

#114 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 10:30 AM

It was funny last year watching one guy on a big JD who would just sit and let a big gap develop in front of him, then go racing up the field as fast as he could.  He was clearly annoyed at having to wait for others and it almost looked like he was trying to intimidate the people in front of him into going faster.

#115 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 11:14 AM

It was funny last year watching one guy on a big JD who would just sit and let a big gap develop in front of him, then go racing up the field as fast as he could. He was clearly annoyed at having to wait for others and it almost looked like he was trying to intimidate the people in front of him into going faster.

Can't please everyone, that's a fact.

And Dane, there's no crying at plow days !! J/K : )

#116 Dane in PA OFFLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • 512 Thanks
  • 588 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 11:51 AM

I wont be, but I can see some older people needing some pain-killers for their sore backs...  I nearly flipped the Custom in some of the furrows I was following!

Can't please everyone, that's a fact.

And Dane, there's no crying at plow days !! J/K : )

#117 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 12:29 PM

Tractor speed limit signs!!

:bigrofl:  :bigrofl:

#118 Hugh OFFLINE  

Hugh

• Member No: 1954
  • 155 Thanks
  • 168 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 07:50 PM

Well Ill be there the whole weekend, arriving mid day Friday and leaving crack of dawn Sunday. Ill have one possibly two of my tractors. Looking forward to meeting everyone! Look for a 90's GMC thats loud and slow! :)

#119 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 08:22 PM

Well Ill be there the whole weekend, arriving mid day Friday and leaving crack of dawn Sunday. Ill have one possibly two of my tractors. Looking forward to meeting everyone! Look for a 90's GMC thats loud and slow! :)

Looking forward to meeting you It is really great to learn of members willing to travel such great distances to be a part of the GTTalk  experience.Please make sure that you come to the GTTalk tent and introduce yourself. Also make sure that you sign the banner.

#120 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 08:36 PM

As a common rule, anyone with a larger machine PLEASE plow slower and take smaller cuts.  Its not fun following a JD 430 going 20mph and cutting 2' deep when you are on a little gear drive Sears Custom.  There is more to plowing than going as fast as you can, and throwing the dirt as far as you can.  Its just rude to those that are following you, as you are just making a mess and making plowing less fun for others.  Thanks.

Seems like some of those guys on the bigger John Deeres do it just for spite.  I'm sure thats not the case but sometimes it just seems like it.  I got a good laugh last year on friday afternoon.  I was plowing on my 107 with a JD 318 in front of me with a 12" 3pt plow on his machine.  We were in the field across the road from the market when his tractor stopped.  I noticed that both wheels were spinning and he had high centered on his transmission.  Lucky for him I carry a small chain under the seat of the 107.  I picked up my plow and went around him and hooked up to him and pulled him out.  I wish someone would have been there with a camera to catch that on film.  The lowly 10hp Cub pulling out the big 18hp JD.  Guy was super polite about it and thanked me.  Just made me chuckle as I was having no problems following his bigger 12" plow that was cutting pretty deep.

Edited by IHCubGuy, April 06, 2013 - 08:38 PM.