• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#76 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 08:53 AM

I'm sorry, I just had to post this in regards to the name tags. It's a joke and only a joke.

• tractorgarden said thank you

#77 Pa Plow Day Staff OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day Staff

• Member No: 8496
  • 100 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 09:00 PM

hi everyone, i would like to thank everyone for their preorders on shirts and calendars! i will be placing the orders late next week so if anyone would like to order either one you still have a few days to get the order forms to me.

i will be posting an update for plow day near the middle of the month.

any questions feel free to email me at paplowday@msn.com

thanks
josh

#78 suburban 12 OFFLINE  

suburban 12
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29382
  • 396 Thanks
  • 325 posts

Posted March 08, 2013 - 08:28 PM

I would love to go if I can find time and a sleve hitch plow or possibly two if my brother can go.

#79 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 08, 2013 - 09:49 PM

Josh, I do plan on giving you a call. I have been swamped and just haven't had time. I am really looking forward to plow day this year. I need to make our reservations at the red roof here in the next couple of days.

I am probably going to bring one or two tractors and the golf cart. I don't plan on doing any plowing but plan on spending all my time taking pics and videos and bs'ing.

• MH81 said thank you

#80 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted March 09, 2013 - 06:43 AM

Josh, I do plan on giving you a call. I have been swamped and just haven't had time. I am really looking forward to plow day this year. I need to make our reservations at the red roof here in the next couple of days.

I am probably going to bring one or two tractors and the golf cart. I don't plan on doing any plowing but plan on spending all my time taking pics and videos and bs'ing.

George, you need to make a furrow or two! That is fun! I'm hooked!

#81 Pa Plow Day Staff OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day Staff

• 100 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 08:50 PM

george, no problem i know how it gets. but when you do have a chance please give me a call thanks

#82 dgodfrey25 OFFLINE  

dgodfrey25
  • Member No: 16442
  • 1 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 11:03 PM

I Should be bringing two tractors, two plows and a homemade disk.

#83 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted March 19, 2013 - 08:27 PM

As it stands now I will be bringing my two Cubs with plows and my MF12.  Getting the three point made for the 12 this week so it should be able to plow this year.  Also have a buddy that was given a Brinley plow with a Wheel Horse he bought recently.  He has no need for it and has said I can take it.  Offered to buy it from him but he won't have it.  Hopefully he gets it to me till plowday so I have 3 different tractors to use.  If so there should be at least one for someone else to use if anybody needs one.

#84 Ron White OFFLINE  

Ron White

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 267
  • 123 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 12:53 PM

Only 2 weeks away ........... did ya'll get your rooms booked.

The reason I ask is, there is usually a plant shutdown in the area that brings in outside workers in to work during this shutdown and they book rooms this weekend also ............. just don't want anyone to miss out on getting a room :tapping_fingers:

#85 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 02:20 PM

Only 2 weeks away ........... did ya'll get your rooms booked.

The reason I ask is, there is usually a plant shutdown in the area that brings in outside workers in to work during this shutdown and they book rooms this weekend also ............. just don't want anyone to miss out on getting a room :tapping_fingers:

So it's not True ? Heard you were booking and paying for all the GTtalk guys rooms. And just when I was thinking what a heck of a guy you are.

Sadly it's not looking good for me making it. Too much going on, and not enough green coming in. Although I still might come. Not sure yet.

#86 Ron White OFFLINE  

Ron White

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 267
  • 123 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 04:10 PM

Ken,

I wish I had the money to do something like that for everyone but, ............. well you know !!

Sorry to hear you may not make it this year. You know you don't need to bring a tractor as there are many of us that will let you make some rounds on our's.

Hope to see you there !!

• NJKen and Dane in PA have said thanks

#87 Pa Plow Day Staff OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day Staff

• 100 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 09:08 AM

Hi All,

Happy Easter to everyone!

Well Spring is here and with only 12 days until Plow Day planning is in the final stages. Weather is looking promising with highs in the 60's with sunshine. Let's hope it stays that way!

* * * * Due to things out of my control we will only be having 50 acres to plow this year.* * * * (Due to a disease that we don't want to take the risk of spreading into other fields) There are options available to spend more time in the fields, 1 would be to bring disk to disk those 50 acres, another option may be to plow the ground back over this idea was brought up to me and i'll look into it. Other than these ideas we have 3 tractor games available: 1st Chain Pile Game, 2nd Get The basketball Into The Bucket Game, and 3rd Being The Tug-of-War. All games will be held on Friday evening.

Grounds will open Friday at noon with plowing starting around 2 after a plowers meeting. There will be very limited plowing on Friday, unless Saturdays weather is bad. Games will start around 4 and continue into the night (awards will be givin to game winners). Friday night dinner will be served starting at 5 till ?.

We will have about 100 dinners to serve. This homecooked meal will have two options. Option #1 Pulled Pork BBQ sandwhich, chips, and your choice of a drink all for $4.00. Option #2 Pulled Pork BBQ sandwhich, your choice of 2 sides (Cole slaw, Baked beans, or Macaroni and cheese) and your choice of drink all for $7.00.

Saturday morning starts off with Breakfast being served at 7. Again we will be having about 100 meals to serve. Breakfast will consist of 2 pancakes, 4 sausages, 2 pieces of toast, scrambled eggs, and your choice of a drink all for $5.00.

Plowing will start Saturday around 9ish after a plowers meeting.

* * we encourage everyone to bring disk to spend more time in the field. Also this year we are asking everyone to park unused tractors in one area with the show tractors, this will make it a nicer time for spectators to view all tractors in 1 location. Registeration will be required for all persons plowing and also you are to register seperately for all games.

Hope to see everyone there!

Take Care,

Josh and Everyone at Pa Plow Day

• HowardsMF155 said thank you

#88 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 09:12 AM

Thanks for the heads up and the update Josh. Also, thanks for everything you do to keep this running.

#89 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 09:33 AM

It took a while but Josh and I finally had a chance to talk last night. Josh and the gang always do a great job with the plow day. We are going to take care of the show tractor winners but there is going to be a twist with it. There are going to be two winners and it probably isn't what you would normally expect.

We are also going to help with taking care of the tractor games. I know we have quite a few members coming to the plow day so if you wouldn't mind helping out please let me know. I made a list of items to get and will post them below. Most of the stuff i can pick up next weekend.

Here is a list of the items:

1. Shovel (already have)
  2. Basketball
  3. 5 gallon bucket
  4. Cones
  5. Marking paint
  6. Chain (already have)
  7. Clevis pin
  8. Tape measure (already have)

I will see if there is something I am missing or if you think of anything let me know.

#90 Pa Plow Day Staff OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day Staff

• 100 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 07:27 PM

George,

I got buckets, Marking paint and Cones so that narrows your list down!

thanks

josh

• NUTNDUN said thank you