#61 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5587
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 12:02 PM

I guess it would depend on the weather leading up to it, but I was thinking that the dirt could be a little too wet to disc. I tried disking last year at the Redneck Plow Day in SC. My discs were slap full of dirt after 10ft. I guess it didn't help we got an inch of rain the early morning of the plow day.

#62 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5587
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 12:03 PM

And Ron, you really are slacking if you don't have a set of discs yet. You've had a whole year!! LOL

#63 Ron White OFFLINE  

Ron White

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 267
  • 123 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 01:01 PM

I guess that I have been slacking a bit !!

The soil in Danville is quite sandy and we have plowed after a good hard, all night rain the night before, with no problems.

#64 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 10:50 AM

I got my flyer in the mail today for plowday. April can't get here soon enough for my likings. As I was checking out the flyer I noticed some familiar faces on the pic. It's a very nice family portrait and another forum member as well. Anyone got any ideas???? Sorry I can't post any pics scanner took a dump.

When you look at the flyer, the first is member Twostacks. The next three are family members. The first is MF10Ryan, followed by his sister on her Wheelhorse, and then the proud Dad, member MH81.The last tractor is somebody I don't recognize. If he's a member I apologize.

#65 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,611 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 11:48 AM

So is someone going to scan a flyer for the rest of us to see?   Please!  

#66 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 11:52 AM

So is someone going to scan a flyer for the rest of us to see?   Please!  

Daniel, if I had a scanner and the knowledge  I would have done just that. Alas, I'm lucky to just be able to get on the computer and do some posting.

• olcowhand said thank you

#67 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 12:00 PM

Here is the best I can do. Take a picture and post it.

PA Plow Day 2013 001.JPG

Edited by grand, February 28, 2013 - 12:02 PM.

• olcowhand said thank you

#68 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 12:41 PM

I forgot to post that I added this event to our calendar. I added an RSVP badge, so if you're planning to attend, please check the badge. Sounds like we are going have another great showing of members.

• IHCubGuy said thank you

#69 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 01:25 PM

Member Dane M made a previous post about name tags and a group picture and I tried to reply by quoting his post but his post kept showing double in my reply. I've had trouble elsewhere and think maybe my mouse is getting tired from playing games.
Anyway, I stopped yesterday and got extra sharpies and bought name tags. This will at least be a start. I talked with George about getting metal pins with the GTTalk logo also. These could be worn by our members at other shows and events. But for now we at least have a start on recognizing fellow members.
As for the group picture, we just need to find a suitable time. Everyone should stop by the canopy with the GTTalk banners and let us know you are there. Also be sure to sign the back of the banner for this years PA Plow Day.
  • Alc, KennyP and IHCubGuy have said thanks

#70 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 07:13 PM

Member Dane M made a previous post about name tags and a group picture and I tried to reply by quoting his post but his post kept showing double in my reply. I've had trouble elsewhere and think maybe my mouse is getting tired from playing games.
Anyway, I stopped yesterday and got extra sharpies and bought name tags. This will at least be a start. I talked with George about getting metal pins with the GTTalk logo also. These could be worn by our members at other shows and events. But for now we at least have a start on recognizing fellow members.
As for the group picture, we just need to find a suitable time. Everyone should stop by the canopy with the GTTalk banners and let us know you are there. Also be sure to sign the back of the banner for this years PA Plow Day.

Cool, got the time off scheduled this past week.  Should be there friday morning sometime if you or George need any help with anything.

Edited by IHCubGuy, March 04, 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#71 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 09:17 PM

Thanks for the offer to help Chad. We still aren't sure of our schedules, but we hope to be there early Friday. Once again it sounds like we have tremendous support for the PA Plow Day. Let's make this an even better year.

#72 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 08:25 AM

I'll bet you guys will have a blast. I have to wait till the end of April to go have some more fun!

#73 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 09:52 AM

I want to apologize to the PA Plow Day staff for slightly hijacking the thread by posting about our name tags. But their event will be our first chance to use them. I posted the other day that I stopped and bought name tags. I got them at Staples and thought they were a little pricey but at least we had them. When I got home I checked the package closer and realized you could go to the company's website and use your artwork to print your logo on the name tags. This was way more than I knew how to do so I gave them to George last night. A short time later the granddaughter brought us the first name tags George printed. The GTTalk logo is printed at the top and then just use a sharpie to write in the member's name. It's at least a start. Here's what they look like.

Attached Thumbnails

• Name Tags 001.JPG

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#74 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 09:42 PM

Everyone needs to wear a name-tag....  GTTalk Member: ______         

Lol.

We should all get together and get a group picture.

Yes , I agree! Curious George, Grand Master, Just-N-Caseguy, M-H 81 ways to rig a plow, tractorbrokeinthegarden and let there be many many more! Shawn

• MH81, KennyP and tractorgarden'sbabe have said thanks

#75 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 09:45 PM

Grand, they look great! Thanks for getting those.

Yes , I agree! Curious George, Grand Master, Just-N-Caseguy, M-H 81 ways to rig a plow, tractorbrokeinthegarden and let there be many many more! Shawn

image.jpg
  • tractorgarden said thank you