278 replies to this topic

#31 H. M. Murdock OFFLINE  

H. M. Murdock
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10484
  • 13 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 08:12 AM

for those of you who are wondering there are many hotels less then 10 miles from the show. if you do a hotel search, search for danville, pa 17821

also plow day is at the same farm
whitenights farm market
1500 sunbury rd
danville, pa 17821

Thank you. Sounds like I need to look into reservations.

#32 Dane in PA ONLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • Member No: 9535
  • 505 Thanks
  • 586 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:12 AM

There should be a "tractor-circle".  Everybody puts their machines into a circle and just walk around BSing.

#33 dgodfrey25 OFFLINE  

dgodfrey25
  • Member No: 16442
  • 1 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 09:19 PM

Pa Plow Day staff would like to wish everybody a Merry Christmas!

As promised here are more details on our 8th annual plow day.....

108 days til plow day but it will be here before we know it. Last year was a huge success with 200 tractors registered plowing close to 80 acres, making this one of the largest plowdays on the east coast!!Things will be pretty much the same as last year with a few new things planned. As always free admission, free parking, free camping on site(no hook ups).Grounds open friday at noon with plowing starting around 2 after a mandatory plowers meeting. Saturday grounds open at 8 with plowing starting after plowers meeting around 9. Everyone plowing must be registered! We will be doing a 50/50 drawing both days. Awards will be given to the first person to break down, the one who runs out of gas first,the person who traveled the furthest to get to plow day and the last man plowing. Breakfast was a huge success last year, that we ran out sorry to those of you who missed out on it we promise we will have twice if not 3 times as much as we did last year. We will being doing our calender again this year as past years.

now for the new stuff....
Friday evening plowing will be stopped between 5 and 6 to save acres for saturday. But in doing this we will be doing a friday night dinner, bs session and swap meet. we are also in the planning stages of organizing a slow tractor race friday night under the lights with awards being given if we do do this(give me some feed back on this idea) now i know some of you guys go out friday night with a group of guys for dinner but we are going to try this dinner, bs and swap meet idea and see how it goes. This will give you guys time to meet each other have a great dinner made by the PD staff and sell, buy or trade parts, manuals or even whole tractors. dinner will consist of pulled bbq pork sandwiches with your choice of sides, drink and a desert. Price is still in the works but as many of you already know are prices are very reasonable on our food. also in the works is a plow day shirt for sale. once i get a price and a logo i will let you guys know.

We will be sending our newsletter out in mid to late january with alot more details and will also have order forms for the calender and shirt. If you have been to plow day and registered you will receive our newsletter if you haven't and would like to receive it, email me and ill get one out to you.

For more information contact Josh

paplowday (at) msn.com
(570)-seven 1 three - seven seven 23

Hope be there. This is my first time I can't wait. I will need directions on how to get there.

#34 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:04 PM

Hope be there. This is my first time I can't wait. I will need directions on how to get there.

This should get you really close.  Just look for the tractors :D

Click here to view map on Google.

• dgodfrey25 said thank you

#35 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:17 PM

584km away for me, that's 362miles

#36 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:19 PM

Our route takes us about 286. 

You're looking at 6 hours drive and three at customs

#37 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:31 PM

Doug  I sure hope that you can make this plow day. You said that you couldn't find any plow days up your way. It was fantastic to meet you at Daniel's Plow Day. This is actually closer., so I hope you can make it.

#38 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:44 PM

Doug  I sure hope that you can make this plow day. You said that you couldn't find any plow days up your way. It was fantastic to meet you at Daniel's Plow Day. This is actually closer., so I hope you can make it.

I plan on being there.

#39 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5587
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 02:07 AM

582 miles, around 9 hours.  From what I've seen, it should be worth it!  My friend and I are coming up and staying with a friend in Dillsburg PA on Thursday night.  We will plow on Fri and Sat and then head back to Dillsburg.  Then its back to NC on Sunday.  Im already hoping for excellent weather!

The ol Cummins will be towing my Ford and his JD 400. BTW, both tractors have original paint jobs!  Cant wait to turn some PA dirt!

Also, the Ford has already lost the mowing deck, and is awaiting new shoes to be installed. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2854.JPG
  • 010.jpg

Edited by mowinman2, December 29, 2012 - 02:08 AM.

#40 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 05:02 PM

... coming up and staying with a friend in Dillsburg PA on Thursday night.

Ask your friend about the big Dillsburg pickle drop on New Years Eve... :D

Maybe you'll want to come up sooner. :thumbs:

#41 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5587
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 03:51 AM

Ask your friend about the big Dillsburg pickle drop on New Years Eve... :D

Maybe you'll want to come up sooner. :thumbs:

Well I dont think Ill be able to make it up that soon.  He did say people come in by the bus load for it. 

#42 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 10:01 PM

I'm planning on being at this event. It's been great the other two years I went.

And I'll agree with what's been said, good people, good food at a decent price, and the hotels are close and not that pricy.

From what I've been told, I'll have a member from Texas coming with me. I'll be picking his big asp up in Philly on my way Friday.
My son will be with me too.
Looking forward to seeing everyone !!

#43 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,749 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 10:04 PM

I'll have a member from Texas coming with me. I'll be picking his big asp up in Philly on my way Friday.

Let's hope it's not hot out. Maybe you should drive this time too, come to think of it.

#44 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 10:26 PM

I'll have a member from Texas coming with me. I'll be picking his big asp up in Philly on my way Friday.

Let's hope it's not hot out. Maybe you should drive this time too, come to think of it.
It's ok, snowflake Wes won't need to operate a dam thing. He will be a passenger and he will just have to sit there and enjoy the ride. Tyler will hopefully keep him occupied. : )

#45 Blind Ref OFFLINE  

Blind Ref
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10762
  • 19 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 10:58 PM

I am no longer in charge of A/C details. I am passing the torch to somebody else that cant operate the temperature. Any takers? LOL