• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 11:32 AM

Planning on a Friday Morning arrival... But it's looking like we may be moist on Friday.

Telling the kids to make sure the ipads are charged up :D

#137 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• Member No: 6470
  • 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 11:54 AM

I'm plan on getting there by late morning. I'm bringing two tractors and my daughter is coming along this time. I hope it doesn't rain much. I don't know what I'll do with her if it does. Believe it or not, she isn't into Ipads or texting or any of that stuff. I know she won't let me stand around and BS for very long either.

#138 Dane in PA OFFLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • Member No: 9535
  • 497 Thanks
  • 579 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 12:07 PM

I'm plan on getting there by late morning. I'm bringing two tractors and my daughter is coming along this time. I hope it doesn't rain much. I don't know what I'll do with her if it does. Believe it or not, she isn't into Ipads or texting or any of that stuff. I know she won't let me stand around and BS for very long either.

I'm sure she will be in good company.  And if she is like me she will be too busy in the fields to actually pay attention to where you are!

• twostacks said thank you

#139 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 12:29 PM

I'm sure she will be in good company.  And if she is like me she will be too busy in the fields to actually pay attention to where you are!

That's what I'm hoping. I was thinking about putting the sunshade on her tractor so she could plow in the rain if she had to.

• Dane in PA said thank you

#140 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 02:06 PM

I'm booked at the Hampton Inn but in Bloomsburg. I had enough reward points for a free room in Bloomsburg but not Danville. Go figure. It's only 15-20 mins away I believe. So free was for me.

My son Tyler is bouncing off the walls already. I hope to be there by noon Friday. Just look for the good looking guy driving a white Chevy express 3500 extended van, pulling a Stainless Steel & Black trailer. Hope to meet everyone again, and hopefully some new faces.

#141 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 04:57 PM

Ryan & KK will both be there... They will be glad to not be the only kids there, I'm sure.

Maybe we can all set under the GTTalk Tent and play cards if it sprinkles.

#142 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 05:30 PM

Ryan & KK will both be there... They will be glad to not be the only kids there, I'm sure.

If I went that far for a plow day, sprinkles wouldn't keep me from opening a furrow!

#143 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 08:00 PM

I will probably be there sometime around 8 or 9.  The 12h is ready to go and I just took the snowblower off the 107 tonite.  I should change the engine oil in it and then it will be ready to go as well.  Load them all up thursday nite and I will be ready to roll.   Gotta drop off the daughter at daycare for the wife before I head up the road friday morning.

That doesn't sound like too bad of a plan Alan.  Cards and a B.S. session.  Of course I am not that good at most card games but I could play a hand of War.   :D

If I went that far for a plow day, sprinkles wouldn't keep me from opening a furrow!

Hahahaha.  I won't worry too much about that Kenny.  It will take me longer to strap the tractors on the trailer than it will to get to plowday.  A 20 minute drive if I poke my way along.  LOL!!!!!

#144 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 08:14 AM

Well I keep checking the 7 day forecast for Danville and one thing that hasn't changed one bit is the 70% chance of rain on Friday. Kinda sucks but I'm still coming. Sat looks to be a nice day, 50's and mostly sunny. Perfect IMO. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365599690.214359.jpg

#145 Flatbedford OFFLINE  

Flatbedford
  • Member No: 28301
  • 25 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 08:49 AM

They are saying AM rain and partly cloudy night now. Maybe we'll get a clear afternoon.

#146 Dane in PA OFFLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • Member No: 9535
  • 497 Thanks
  • 579 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:19 AM

That's what I'm hoping. I was thinking about putting the sunshade on her tractor so she could plow in the rain if she had to.

I'll plow, rain or shine, shade or no shade!  The Deere and I aren't afraid of a little water!

#147 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 02:42 PM

I'll plow, rain or shine, shade or no shade!  The Deere and I aren't afraid of a little water!

I agree, I'm taking off work to go so I'll be plowing something one way or the other.

#148 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 02:45 PM

I remember they were both there last year. My daughter is really looking forward to going this year. Her and I plowed a 1/2 acre or so at my parents house so she knows what she's doing. She's been begging to go to Quaker Steak. I told her we may not do it this year since supper will be served on site, but we'll have to wait and see.

#149 Pa Plow Day Staff OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day Staff

• Member No: 8496
  • 100 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:28 PM

well boys and girls time is here. spent the past couple days gettin stuff around and started setting up, we survived some strong storms for now but more could hit our area tonight lets keep our fingers crossed!

local forcasts are calling for friday morning rain ending in the morning then party coudy and then partly sunny saturday. high in the mid to upper 50s both days.

dont forget about our games and dinner friday evening. and breakfast saturday morning. this will be my last post and checking emails til sunday so if you need to get ahold of me please call (570)7one377two3

safe travels to everyone and hope to see you all friday or saturday
josh

• MH81, Alc and Dane in PA have said thanks

#150 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 05:08 AM

I am going to try and get off work early today. Talked to the hat guy and he will have the hats ready for me to pick up on the way home. 

Going to get loaded up tonight and try to hit the road by 5am. I started charging the camera batteries yesterday. Second set went in the charger this morning so we should be good to go. Hoping I can fit everything on the truck and trailer.