6 replies to this topic

#1 atlpk OFFLINE  

atlpk
  • Member No: 12230
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 - 12:34 PM

Hello all,
Purchased this yesterday. Hoping to restore mechanically at the very least. I have read much useful information already and would like to thank all the members who have posted. No serial number present on dash or tunnel. No tag on bellhousing. The motor serial number appears to be di0123 and motor spec number appears to be 4717b. I can't read the model # on the motor but the hood says 12hp. I have read that the tractor serial number may be present on the frame under the left footrest. Is it usually on the underside of the frame or the top which is covered by the footrest/tunnel sheet metal. I am hoping it's not on top. If it is I will need to unbolt the rear loader bracket to access it. Let me know what you think about the tractor. I am open to any and all suggestions and look forward to participating in the forum.
Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMGP3814.JPG
  • IMGP3820.JPG
  • IMGP3814.JPG
  • IMGP3820.JPG
  • IMGP3821.JPG
  • IMGP3823.JPG
  • IMGP3824.JPG
  • IMGP3825.JPG
  • IMGP3811.JPG
  • IMGP3805.JPG
  • IMGP3807.JPG
  • IMGP3829.JPG
  • IMGP3828.JPG
  • IMGP3832.JPG
  • IMGP3833.JPG

• NUTNDUN and MH81 have said thanks

#2 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 - 12:58 PM

I'm guessing that tractor is between a 1965 and 1967. Sorry, but if the SN is on the frame, it will be on the top of the frame, under the sheet metal where your left foot rests. Nice tractor and welcome aboard.

That does not look like a PK loader. For that you should be thankful. The loaders they offered at the time were ok but not the best.

Edited by David Brown, September 27, 2012 - 12:59 PM.

• MH81 said thank you

#3 atlpk OFFLINE  

atlpk
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 - 01:06 PM

Thanks David. Any idea where i could locate a service manual or parts list?

#4 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 - 05:29 PM

Let's find out what year it is first, then I may be able to help you.

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 - 09:33 PM

Don't think 24" had 12hp?? Should be at least 14. Seems to be a mix of features and years stuff, which is easy to do with PK. That 3pt seems like 70's style, most just had a solid lift bar to bolt attachments too at first. Still had hydrualics tho. That start/gen in dash makes it older like. Yeah, if stamped it is UNDER the sheet metal on left foot area. Have to unbolt several things to lift that up to see and the hyrdraulic lines all feed thru the tunnel and can't remove metal w/out removing couple hose ends. How about some more loader shots, can't see much in these pix. Would like to see what that is. Fella named Larry Goss has thumbdrives of about all the PK info their is. He has ad in LGT magazine. OR, got to yahoo groups and joing the PK forum there and he will always be on there to ask for it. It's cheap and lots of info, all models, old or new. Most PK manuals are only a few pages long and don't offer a lot of actual repair info, but have parts diagrams and numbers. Almost every attachment and options has a manual, not in the owner's for the tractor. Good Luck!

#6 atlpk OFFLINE  

atlpk
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted September 28, 2012 - 11:54 AM

I am going to pull the loader brackets soon so I can get to the serial #. I did find a chart cross referencing motor applications which put it between 65-68. The loader, btw, is Woods Du-Al 105. Seems pretty strong. It was altered a bit to fit the tractor. When I remove I am going to replace most of the hydraulic line, some of the fittings and probably the loader control valve. Anyone know of a good source to purchase the hydraulic equipment without breaking the bank?

#7 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted September 28, 2012 - 08:13 PM

Welcome to the site! And congrats on a great tractor!

Not a bad looking loader, it looks pretty strong. But, the loader looks like it was from a bigger tractor, and may lift higher. So, be careful not to roll it over!

I do agree that it looks like it has some parts from different years on it. It does appear to be from '65 to '67. The thing that caught my eye was the 3 point, I don't know if they different one that early or not.

gl, I have heard of the 24" models with 12 hp engines.