• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 AV430 OFFLINE  

AV430

• Member No: 2370
  • 53 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted September 26, 2012 - 05:32 PM

Well guys it's plowing time again! This year the Missouri Two Cylinder Club will be hosting 3 Plow days this year. (still finalizing the last date, probably early Nov.) All plow days are open to Garden Tractors of any make or model. We will be plowing probably some of the best ground in all of Missouri, the beautiful Missouri River bottoms. Our first event is in Marthasville MO and is about as perfect as perfect gets for a plow day. Big beautiful fields along the Missouri River with lots to do in the area. Wineries, Orchards, B&Bs, antiques stores, restaurants and shopping, the Daniel Boone Home, and the Katy Trail are all near by so bring the whole family. Last years turnout was great! I think we had 25 garden tractors and just as many antique Agricultural Tractors and we ran out of day long before we ran out of fields! This is premium, easy plowing ground and the garden tractors have separate fields to plow so don't worry about getting run over! Portta Potties will be on site as well as BBQ hamburgers, hot dogs, and other snacks. Even if you have never plowed, bring your tractor and come on out and see what its all about. Its a great time and plenty of friendly fellow tractor nuts to help you out. We will start rolling dirt at 9 am and go all day. Hope to see you there! I will be posting some up dates to follow but if you are interested or want more information, shoot me an e-mail titled MO Garden Tractor Plow Day and I will get back to you ASAP. Adam

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1884.JPG
  • IMG_1856.JPG
  • IMG_1869.JPG
  • IMG_1906.JPG
  • IMG_2771.JPG

• Toolpartzman said thank you

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 26, 2012 - 05:37 PM

Now those are some nice large fields! Wish I were closer. I sure hope they guys coming to mine don't expect fields like that!

#3 Buggyman OFFLINE  

Buggyman
  • Member No: 11338
  • 42 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 01:16 PM

Please clarify, is the Oct 20 event in Marthsville? You mention first event being there... is the Oct 20 event the first? If so when and where are the others? I have a 2418 economy and if I can find a plow between now and then would like to attend to participate or if not maybe just enjoy watching. I live in the Jefferson City area.

#4 AV430 OFFLINE  

AV430

• 53 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 05:30 PM

Buggyman, yes the first event is in Marthasville MO. on Oct. 1st and we will start plowing about 9:00am. This event will be held just west of Marthasville off hwy 94 and Bouef Rd. There will be plenty of signs to follow but I don't have an exact address. Even if ya don't find a plow bring your tractor and come on out. Would love to see another Power King there! Plenty of seat time available just driving between fields watching the big boys and the Garden Tractors. Lots of friendly guys to meet and talk tractors and I'd be more than happy to give ya some seat time plowing with one of my tractors. I will send ya a PM with some contact info.

#5 AV430 OFFLINE  

AV430

• 53 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted October 10, 2012 - 09:43 PM

All right guys we are ready to plow!!!! As long as the rains don't dump. We have secured 75 acres of corn ground that has been disced up for a fall back spot. We also have another 100+ of bean ground if soil samples and fertilizer is down. We're still hoping to go to our original spot, but at least we have a backup. We will have food, drinks and a johnny on the spot. Surely there are some Midwest boys looking to plow some of the best ground anywhere? Any of you guys who are wondering about soil conditions, they should be excellent. This is premiere bottom ground and we have been getting some decent rains lately so no worries. Even if you don't have a plow come on out and bring your tractor. Lots of great folks and plenty of killer tractors in action. Sure hope to see a lot of you guys again. Hope you all can make it. Adam

Our Marthasville MO Plow Day is on Oct. 1st and we will start plowing about 9:00am. This event will be held just west of Marthasville off hwy 94 and Bouef Rd. There will be plenty of signs to follow.

#6 AV430 OFFLINE  

AV430

• 53 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 06:53 AM

Sorry guys! I meant to say our first Marthasville plow day is October 20.

#7 AV430 OFFLINE  

AV430

• 53 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 10:18 AM

Weather for Saturday looks perfect! Field conditions look perfect as well! All we need now is an excellent turnout. We have more than enough ground so come on out if ya can. We have another plow day Sunday so anyone traveling get a hotel and plow all weekend! Sure hope to see some of you there. I'll post pictures next week.

#8 AV430 OFFLINE  

AV430

• 53 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 09:11 PM

We are still on for tomorrow guys. Conditions should be excellent and our field is 80 acres so I hope we have an excellent turnout. One slight change though, we are plowing a field a few miles further down 94 from Marthasville in Treloar MO. Just take Hwy 94 west out of Marthasville to Treloar and follow the signs. We will have food (BBQ) drinks, and a porta potty on site. We're rolling dirt at 9:00 am.

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,466 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 04:54 AM

Good luck with the plow day! We'll have great weather at our show today!

#10 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 04:59 AM

Hope you have a great turnout and everyone enjoys themselves , looking forward to pictures , Al

#11 AV430 OFFLINE  

AV430

• 53 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 08:44 PM

What an awesome day, and another great Missouri Plow Day! Missouri is now a premier destination for plow days with this being our 3rd one and still 2 more to go this year! Fields were great, people were great, tractors were great, food was great. Heck, It's all great! Really glad to see all you guys again and hope to see most of you in a few weeks as well. I believe we had 16 Garden Tractors today and probably the same for the big boys. Still ran out of day long before we ran out of fields. Good problem to have but we could have easily hosted another 15 tractor with ease. I got some good pictures but I will post just a few now. I'm tired from plowing all day...LOL! Adam

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2831.JPG
  • IMG_2825.JPG
  • IMG_2815.JPG
  • IMG_2846.JPG
  • IMG_2812.JPG
  • IMG_2847.JPG

• KennyP said thank you

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,466 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 02:40 PM

Glad folks came. Looks like a good time!

#13 AV430 OFFLINE  

AV430

• 53 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 09:36 PM

Here is a video of our last Plow Day. What a blast it was! Next year we are planning 3-4 plow days in Missouri so I hope to see some of you there. Adam

• KennyP said thank you

#14 AV430 OFFLINE  

AV430

• 53 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 07:44 PM

We'll be plowing at the same spot this Sunday at 9:00 am. Huge field that we started but did not finish, easy plowing and LONG runs. Hope to see some of you there! Adam

#15 RoosterLew OFFLINE  

RoosterLew
  • Member No: 9848
  • 82 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 10:47 PM

You guys planning anything on the western half of the state?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plow day