#16 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,962 Thanks
  • 4,087 posts

Posted August 02, 2010 - 08:53 PM

I only told George what happened to me a few days ago. When repairing a busted water line, when turning off the valve in the ground, I got bit by a Black Widow. I saw it under the water trying to surface, but never thought I had been bitten. Later that day my hand started itching & burning. The next day I had a nasty sore & was sickly. I made it through fine though without the doc involved. The spot is looking very good now, but here's what it looked like the 2nd day:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3947[/ATTACH]

Yep, life might be like a box of chocolates, but sometimes that chocolate tastes bad! Gotta get some decals cut & ready to ship now. I'll check in a bit later. BTW... I killed the offending Black Widow!

Dan DO NOT weary about those decal.
We do not have those varmints up here but you have to be ONE tough dude to get thur that with out help.
On the flavor of you chocolate I Guess all we can do is keep on getting on.
Better days are coming Dan
GOOD LUCK!!!!!

#17 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,651 Thanks
  • 1,679 posts

Posted August 02, 2010 - 08:58 PM

Hang in there, This too shall pass. Last month was rough for us too.

I drink only decaf coffee at home, so the mocha did me in for lack of sleep.

There is your problem, cant run a leaded engine on unleaded fuel and expect performance. Look what a little bit of that leadded feul from McDonalds did to you, turned you back into a muscle car. :D

God bless and stay safe.

#18 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 38,454 Thanks
  • 30,592 posts

Posted August 02, 2010 - 09:31 PM

Sometimes I figure you guys think I'm one heck of a liar or something, but there's way more I could tell, and I did let some more slip in the chat room a while ago. Soap operas would pay for my life story I'd think. Most was not any of my doing, but I got caught in other's webs. But to put these facts out there, I do not do drugs, don't even drink, and never seen the inside of a jail or police car (many of my friends have, lol). I have contemplated some evil deeds in my day, but the people in question weren't worth going to prison over. Heck, I've not had a traffic ticket since 17yrs old...35yrs ago. I just try to mind my own business, help others whenever I can, and take care of my family...and play with my GT's. Sanity is one thin line to walk whenever sadistic people (think X) try to mess up your life, but I got that monkey off my back years ago. Now I have to help my son shed that same monkey.
So I want to say I am sorry for using GTT for mental therapy at times, but to be quite honest, it does help. I've learned as I've said, to just roll with things to get by, but sometimes you gotta have your friends to help. So thanks guys for lending an ear. Tomorrow's another day, and I need to be asleep already, but here I am, typing away on GTT.
Called Dad after supper tonight & he's feeling good, but a bit weak & has slight dizziness. Main thing is for him to totally rest for at LEAST 4 days, so that means my son & I have to chop the snot out of silage so he won't worry. My oldest brother is now retired, so I may enlist him for Wednesday & Thursday. Thanks again guys!

#19 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,962 Thanks
  • 4,087 posts

Posted August 02, 2010 - 09:53 PM

Dan
As I said before you are one Tough (Fine) Guy.
Things will get better. Help your Son though this and life will be better.
When though a divorce myself in 96 But I thank God it was not as yours.
We are with you!

#20 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 261
  • 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted August 03, 2010 - 06:45 AM

Dear Dan, With all of the crap going on around you, you must not forget that you are the one holding it all together. You MUST take care of yourself. And that means seeing the Dr. about the spider bite. I know, I know, I am not a doctor, but I do have a JD. I am not going to go into an explaination as to why you have to go to the MD. You will just have to trust me on this one. Jack

#21 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 671 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted August 03, 2010 - 07:27 AM

My thoughts and prayers go out to you! Similarities: 1) 80-something dad that overdid it in the heat..... yep. 2) understands the tough life of a dairy farmer..... yep. 3) Sociopath ex ...... YEP!!!!

Hang in there!

#22 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 165 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted August 03, 2010 - 07:42 AM

I don't know how you handle all the stuff going on around you and still have time to farm! Hope things settle down for you real soon and life can get back to normal. As to the crazy ex, I can relate there! Hang in there Daniel, better days are comming!

#23 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 38,454 Thanks
  • 30,592 posts

Posted August 03, 2010 - 07:58 AM

Getting some breakfast before hitting the silage. Son took over milking, but I had it 3/4 done already, plus fed silage before milking, and got a fresh cow with calf in before too. All going smooth at the moment. If things will hold together, we will make a good showing of the chopping today. I packed the silage again this morning also, but not big pile, so didn't take but a few minutes. Got 6+hrs sleep, so feel a bit better. Yes Mike, I am the primary "glue" when all this stuff hits the fan. Many in my family can get quite worked up, & I'm the one that has to work a calming effect on them. My DIL's parents are super people, so she has good support on both sides, but her nerves are about gone. I told my Son Josh this morning that the natural odds are I and his mother will be gone before him, and he will be alone if he doesn't set his mom straight & quick. I truly believe the onl;y way he can is to cut off ALL communication with her....period. Josh is 30 next week, and my daughters by my X are 26 & 28. Both the girls know well that their mom has lost her marbles, but they don't know what to do, other than support their brother in this whole thing. Oh well.... silage time soon. Thanks for your support guys!

#24 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 38,454 Thanks
  • 30,592 posts

Posted August 03, 2010 - 08:38 AM

Just spoke with dad on the phone & he's feeling pretty good today. He mentioned maybe driving (almost 100 mile round trip) to pick up the 2 new cables for the chopper today. I told him NO WAY he needs to drive so early. I told him he's still grounded & he took my words to heart. The cable I made is working great anyway for now. See you guys at lunch time...heading out the door.

#25 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,353 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 03, 2010 - 10:32 AM

That's really great new Daniel that your father is feeling better,and wants to get out and get going,but hopefully he will take it easy for a bit.

#26 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 554 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted August 03, 2010 - 10:35 AM

Good news that Dad is feeling better, Watch the HEAT as i know it is HOT over your way too

#27 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,962 Thanks
  • 4,087 posts

Posted August 03, 2010 - 10:38 AM

Great to hear your Dad is feeling better.
Hopefully this is a turn in the road.

#28 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 38,454 Thanks
  • 30,592 posts

Posted August 03, 2010 - 10:45 AM

Yep, heading to 99F today, heat index around 105F. Ran almost 2hrs this am with NO problems at all. Hoping for an uneventful afternoon. My feet are fired up on me, so wearing loose tied tennis shoes after lunch. Long as no breakdowns, & my AC holds up, the heat won't be a factor for me. Had to come on in to fuel up. Gonna try & get some "chop with me" video this afternoon, maybe get posted tonight. They say temp may hit 100 tomorrow!

#29 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,962 Thanks
  • 4,087 posts

Posted August 03, 2010 - 11:03 AM

Yep, heading to 99F today, heat index around 105F. Ran almost 2hrs this am with NO problems at all. Hoping for an uneventful afternoon. My feet are fired up on me, so wearing loose tied tennis shoes after lunch. Long as no breakdowns, & my AC holds up, the heat won't be a factor for me. Had to come on in to fuel up. Gonna try & get some "chop with me" video this afternoon, maybe get posted tonight. They say temp may hit 100 tomorrow!

Dan
We would love that.

#30 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 909 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted August 03, 2010 - 11:03 AM

Hoping all goes well this afternoon for you Dan, a few weeks before they will be chopping corn here....
Peter