• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,580 Thanks
  • 38,977 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 - 04:18 AM

Here's a link to a Speedex T92 trans. It's on the second page of transmission manuals.

#17 drphilwv OFFLINE  

• Member No: 12273
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted September 28, 2012 - 07:21 PM

I noticed a fuel leak beneath the tank and the petcock / fuel filter (which is a decidedly low tech glass one filled with a fine brown powder!) had come loose. It has threads but was clearly silver soldered to a square piece of metal and the silver solder was off. So, I took that opportunity to take out the filter and clean it all off well with carb cleaner. Then I promptly dropped the glass on the ground. It bounced rather than shattering, which was nice. The fuel line itself appears to be in good shape and must be a replacement from some more recent times. The tank is spotless on the inside, which was also a very nice discovery. I still havent had a chance to remove the transmission and crack into it.

Funny side note - as I leaned about this T92 Tranny I came across a reference to the Crosley automobile which also used basically the same transmission, though a 3 speed. It was an original micro car. Well, there is one that has been sitting in the weeds beside the road on the way into my town since the 1970's. I stopped and looked at it yesterday. The drivetrain is still all there (as is much of the chrome). Calling the state police tomorrow to see if they would be OK if I move it for them. There was a valiant beside it which recently was towed to the scrap yard here. Hope they took the little V8 out of it. Anyway, since many of you are also fans of rusty things you would enjoy the aside.

• MH81 said thank you

#18 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,110 Thanks
  • 1,171 posts

Posted September 28, 2012 - 09:51 PM

Since your into asides, that Crowley engine was also used as an outboard boat motor!