loader hydraulic levers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bigfoot OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11780
  • 20 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 06:04 AM

On my 318 theirs 2 hydraulic levers, I'm going to build a loader for it this winter, and I'm going to use the ports on the front end to attach the cylinders to. The outside lever operates the mower deck. I'm assuming the inside lever operates one set of ports on the front. Does the outside lever operate the other port? Is their any motivations I have to make to use these levers? I believe I'll have to remove the mower deck to use the loader, as the deck will go up and down with the loader from what I've already read somewhere else.

#2 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,591 Thanks
  • 3,740 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 08:24 AM

IIRC - the control that raises the deck also controls one set of ports and the other handle controls the other port. One of them has a float feature but I am not sure which one as I have minimal experience with 318's.

#3 hdg4400 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6945
  • 247 Thanks
  • 319 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 09:37 AM

The outer control lever controls the rockershaft (including raising and lowering the deck) and the left front hydraulic outlets. The inner lever controls the front right hand hydraulic outlets. This is from the Operator's Manual. But I didn't see anything about a float feature.

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 10:15 AM

One of them should have a float. It's used when you have a front blade or snowblower installed. If you push the levers forward one of them should have a detented position where it stays in place. That is the float and that would be your bucket lift lever on the loader. You should also use a lockout strap or rod to keep the deck lift cylinder from moving or use a diverter valve that diverts all flow to the lift cylinder. I'm not that familiar with the 318 so don't know the specifics.

#5 Bigfoot OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11780
  • 20 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 12:40 PM

:thumbs: Thanks men, I'm going to build a mini loader, kind of like the buford loader, but my own design. I'm fairly good at fabrication, and just built a great garage with gas heat. So I'm looking forward to getting it started this winter. I've checked out the mower deck and it needs just about everything, wheels, bearings, idler sheave etc. The deck needs to be sand blasted and the rust pits repaired, Lots of work to be done on the old girl.

#6 deere3332 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11689
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 06:03 PM

There is a shut off valve you can install in the rockshaft cylinder this will help with the speed of lifting the loader. I know when using a john deere loader you can not use the belly mower. John deere offered a cat 0 3 point with a 3 point mower deck to use with the loader. I wish I had the talent to build a loader for my john deere 332 that is your 318 with a liquid cooled yanmar 3 cyl diesel

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: loader, hydraulic levers