Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Bolens - Diablo Rouge Snowmobile - Mass.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted September 24, 2012 - 11:53 PM

On eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4abc56947f

#2 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 06:20 AM

it appears to be in nice shape other then its dirty at the scrap yard there is 2-3 of them ... neighbors would just love me then if i got one (11 at night)(dind ding ding bogg yingg yoing ding ding ) LOL maybe not

#3 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 07:18 AM

Hmmmm.... I find it kind of odd myself that there are two pictures and both are just a tight close-up of the side of the engine cover where it says "Diablo Rouge". Now maybe there isn't enough room in the barn where it is to get better shots of it or maybe he is hiding something like it is missing a ton of parts or the treads are dry rotted or something... The seller also has a ZERO rating, which isn't a good sign. He could have just joined though - we were all eBay noobs at one point or another, right?

It is rather odd though as well that it is bid up to over $200 already with 3-4 days left on it. Not sure what the starting bid was on it, but I'm betting it was like $99 or something since it has 5 bids on it. But I find it suspicious that it has been bid on that much and it is over $200 already with only those 2 lousy pics and absolutely NO description of any kind that would hint towards its condition. All he says is that it is in a barn. Now it could be a really good barn find or it could be all rotted away with tons of rats nests all over it and a total basket case.

Plus, WHY does it say in the item information at the top of the listing that it is located in Framingham, MA but then in the description belew he says it is in Hollis, NH? :confuse:
Was he not really sure where it is located or what?

#4 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 07:58 AM

Starting price was $50.00..

#5 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 08:09 AM

I would love to find one of these someday but usually they are either too far away and bring big bucks. I would expect this Diablo will bring atleast $500 by the time the auction ends.

#6 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 25, 2012 - 08:17 AM

"it is hard to tell if THEY run or not"....plural? if there is more than 1 , why only 1 crappy picture?

#7 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 10:20 AM

... It is rather odd though as well that it is bid up to over $200 already with 3-4 days left on it. Not sure what the starting bid was on it, but I'm betting it was like $99 or something since it has 5 bids on it. But I find it suspicious that it has been bid on that much and it is over $200 already with only those 2 lousy pics and absolutely NO description of any kind that would hint towards its condition. ...

The Diable Rouge is a VERY collectible/desirable snowmobile. Mostly because they are so much different than the 'standard' snowmobile. Here's a short vid of one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxzLJBn10wI

Like Doc said...they will be going a lot higher than $200.00.

#8 Cat385B OFFLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Member No: 8002
  • 11,757 Thanks
  • 8,925 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 12:01 PM

Auction reeks of scam to me. Seller in one location, item in another. Rare item, but no pics worthy of even warranting a bid.

Although, I could not find an image on Google that matched the photo in the auction.

Seller would be cashing in big if they spent a wee bit more time and effort setting up the auction.

#9 MailmAn ONLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 12:17 PM

The Diable Rouge is a VERY collectible/desirable snowmobile. Mostly because they are so much different than the 'standard' snowmobile.

It looks like it is actually very hard to control from that vid... especially hard to steer. How does it even steer as I see no real steering wheel and that handlebar looking thing doesn't actually move around at all? Does it have two controls that will speed up one track or the other to make it steer that way, like a Bobcat [loader] or something?

It does look neat, but I'd prolly rather have one of the later Bolens snowmobiles from the 1970's that actually looks like a normal snowmobile...

I just can't believe people would pay over $500 for one of these basically sight unseen and in unknown condition. I'm with Cat385B - this guy could get a LOT more for it if he spent 10-15 extra minutes actually taking some good photos of it and writing up a decent description. If he really wanted to get the most out of it, he should have dragged it out of the barn and hosed it off really quick to wash it up and make it look better and then taken some good photos of it.

#10 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 25, 2012 - 12:50 PM

I got distracted and watched some of the others after that video was over. those ruski's have some cool looking sleds. I wonder if they production models or homebrew?

#11 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 02:01 PM

The Diablo's were excellent machines in the woods as they could turn very sharp. Once you get the hang of them the are a kick to ride and as I remember were reliable especially compared to to much of the competition of the day.
The Raider was another odd duck that was fun to drive. Unfortunately you were always the first one to the wreck in one of those.

#12 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 02:03 PM

It looks like it is actually very hard to control from that vid... especially hard to steer. How does it even steer as I see no real steering wheel and that handlebar looking thing doesn't actually move around at all?

The big handle bar is what you steer with. I've never driven one so I cant say if they are hard to steer or not but from talking to guys who used to own them they Steered pretty easily but had a tendency of taking out your knees when going over a big bump :D

#13 ggsteve ONLINE  

ggsteve

• Member No: 4164
  • 142 Thanks
  • 253 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 06:18 PM

That's cool and it's one town away. Too bad the auction ends before the weekend or I might go look at it.

#14 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,214 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 07:00 PM

it appears to be in nice shape other then its dirty at the scrap yard there is 2-3 of them ... neighbors would just love me then if i got one (11 at night)(dind ding ding bogg yingg yoing ding ding ) LOL maybe not

Willing to get me parts????

#15 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,214 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 07:03 PM

I got distracted and watched some of the others after that video was over. those ruski's have some cool looking sleds. I wonder if they production models or homebrew?

They were production models.