#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted September 23, 2012 - 12:35 AM

Regulator on my GT14 has diff lug pattern then what I am used to on PK's. I had to fix AC wires from engine and hooked up a new Bat wire. I guessed the two lugs that are in line were for the AC and single one for bat, but seemed to be in diff order, so wasn't sure. It seems to be charging now when running, so think it's right. What you think? There was no plastic connector on it, and I used seperate lug ends to hook-up.

Pk type and others GT14

_ _ _ _
_ _

Bat? Bat?

Can't seem to make my diagram work. Looks good while making it, but is diff when posted, so Forget those! :confuse:

Edited by glgrumpy, September 23, 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#2 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 130
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted September 23, 2012 - 05:24 AM

The original K321S-6010b used in 1969-70 have a 10 amp stator and the terminal locations for the 10 amp stator are 3 in a single row. The outside terminals are AC and the center 12 volt DC.

The more common 15 amp stator had the regulator terminals in an L shape with the corner terminal the 12 volt DC.

In 1971 the GT-14 went to a 15 amp system.

The Kohler service manual showns the 2 regulators with the terminals identified.

You can use a 15 amp stator on a 10 amp system but not the other way around for the obvious reason.

Garry

Edited by GWest, September 23, 2012 - 05:27 AM.

• caseguy said thank you

#3 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 130
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted September 23, 2012 - 06:25 AM

Been thinking about this one. There is a 50% chance hooking it up wrong would cause damage. Any of these regulators I have checked have one AC terminal connected directly to the DC+ inside the regulator. If the DC+ is hooked to that AC terminal that is common no problem. Other way around anything is possible.

Garry
  • caseguy said thank you