#16 dogsoldier OFFLINE  

dogsoldier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9589
  • 316 Thanks
  • 490 posts

Posted September 23, 2012 - 10:05 AM

when i delivered auto parts thru out ohio i went past that place many times. i have also seen many of there trucks in action. always wanted to stop and look at the thing there but never had the time. i think i heard at one time that they built all there own trailers but not sure

#17 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted September 23, 2012 - 12:36 PM

Yes, they built their own trailers, and were also selling them. I know that at one time they had a 2 year waiting list.

I was in that faciity a number of times, and it was really an awesome place. It was always so clean that you could almost eat off of the floor, and their workmanship was second to none.

They would buy little bits and pieces of steel from me at times. Usually it was odd ball stuff that was easier to get from me than going through a major supplier.

#18 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted September 23, 2012 - 06:05 PM

No such thing as too much engine LOL. I'd say it depends more on where you are hauling, than how much. Anybody hauling in hilly terratory would probably want plenty of engine so they aren't crawling up hills in low-low!

#19 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,637 Thanks
  • 1,330 posts

Posted September 24, 2012 - 01:00 AM

All I can say is WOW! Somebody spent a couple of bucks building that one. They did some pretty clean mods to it. The hood looks about 10" longer and the frame rails were either swaped out or they welded the factory holes closed. It is truely amazing what some people can do. I just wonder what they used for a bellhousing to mount it to the trans, maybe had a custom one built or put a different trans in it. Thanks for the pic.

#20 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,626 Thanks
  • 7,669 posts

Posted September 24, 2012 - 07:21 AM

Yea but a motor that big breaks things easier, I.e. driveshaft, axles, gears, motor mounts, transmissions, etc.

How do they hold up at the truck pulls???

#21 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted September 24, 2012 - 09:36 AM

A lot of special parts, at 740 HP that motor is putting out over 2100 ftlbs of torque.